Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster

If the thought of the new 500-hp Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang hedging in on the 505-hp Corvette Z06's territory raises your blood pressure, don't despair: Corvette chief engineer Tom Wallace has a 650-hp trick up his sleeve. A new super Corvette will build on the Z06's 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 that was developed in sync with the Corvette C6.R Le Mans racer. For this limited-production Vette, which might be called the Z07, Chevy will increase the LS7's displacement and bolt on a supercharger to bump output by 145 hp. The Z07, due in 2008, will be further differentiated from the Z06 by the use of more carbon-fiber body panels and a huge hood vent aimed at killing front-end lift. In true Corvette style, Chevy will undercut competitors by pricing the Z07 at about $100,000. This Corvette has been known within GM as the Blue Devil, after the mascot of GM CEO Rick Wagoner's alma mater, Duke, and also as the Sting Ray, but we think they'll go with Z07, or maybe Z06.R.

http://www.automobilemag.com/future_cars/2008/0609_2009_chevrolet_corvette_z07/

The same nose???

Six-Shooter tell me your kidding about GM keeping the same nose. I thought that the nose was going to be the first to go being that it is the cheapest thing to replace. Now for the track it could be right but for the streets it's plain ugly. And what about the license plate bracket?

Alan

Dont really like the ridges on the top of the front fenders. And I wish the price was under $50k.

Other than that I love it.

Nice wheels, but I hope they put a little more thought into the center cap.

Nice hood vent - where did they put the motor! That design only works when the motor is moved waaaay back in the chassis.

Nice hood vent - where did they put the motor! That design only works when the motor is moved waaaay back in the chassis.
Nope, it works on the race cars. Pretty incredible!

Hot looking machine !!!!!!

Boy would l love to have it for a month or two but after that with no where to drive it the way it was made to run would become a garage queen!

This vette seems to be geared for the successful youth of today. Without the right reflexes you could get into a lot of trouble quickly.

Alan

PS Carlisle really blew my mind!

That's what I was thinking. Here's the motor on the C6.R, does the regular C6 have the motor running behind the edge of the windshield?

c6r_intro005.jpg

I wonder where they'd fit a supercharger, and what's with that duct on the rear decklid? Is it to keep your luggage cool?

It will be interesting to see what lies ahead for the Corvette, though.

You know, I own a 405 HP 2003 Z06. There are days when I drive it and really open it up when I still- after nearly two years of ownership- am surprised at what it can do.

I had the occasion during Cruisefest 2005 to take a test ride with Dwayne in a C6 Z06 (this was even before they were being released and sold to the public.) 505 Horsepower made me think they're going to need some cushier seats, because when you really launch at WOT, you're definately going to find yourself shoved into your seat.

But 650 HP? :eek All I've got to say is "dayum!" I can't even imagine what would feel like when you really launch.

-Patrick

I love it; the hood vents and all - although I would like to see the same rear fender flaring as seen on the 2006 Z06.

A bit out of my price range.

Don't you think the hood and fender vents are a little Viperish?

GM has a target of 3000 units.

The engine displacement is REDUCED to 6.2 litres. (Yes,it is SC'd.)
I'm hearing 2900lbs wet.

The engine in the Z06 sits farther back than in the regular C6. This is done for weight balance.

Listed on my build sheet (Z06) are weights for:
FRONT: 1599 lbs.
REAR: 1479 lbs.
Build date was 20JAN2006.

Apparently from the numbers being discussed I currently own a caveman version of the Blue Devil, 654rwhp, 2565#, 600fptq, mid engine, just without the 21st century refinement and technology. I can't imagine how nice it would be to have all this in such a friendly package. I guess that is why the pricetag. Where do you line up to order this "street machine":lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom