Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2009 ZR-1 Spotted at Laguna Seca

You have got to be kidding!

I can't believe a Vette owner would say such a thing! You are really missing out if you don't get into a C6. I've owned them all and there is none better. As a matter of fact most Ferrari's cannot compete with the new ZO6 performance, at least not until you spend half a million bucks. I own a new ZO6 and it is truly a world class sportscar! It is "NOT JUST A VETTE"....it is America's and now one of the world's premier sportscars.

Hi

This pic is killing me because l am skipping over the C6 not because of the performance nor the interior design but the Camaro nose or E.T. nose which turns me off. This will be the first series that l didn't own.

By the way my home state NJ requires a front plate even though a lot of vette owners ignore this law.

I keep a front plate on and it's really not a big deal it's only a vette and not a Ferrari.

Alan

Man! Talk about history repeating itself.

Set the Wayback Machine for July 1988, Riverside California.

At the long-lead press preview for 1989 models, held at old Riverside International Raceway, the coming of the "second" ZR-1 had the automotive press abuzz. The night before, Chevrolet had presented a first-ever media preview devoted to just an engine: the 4-cam, 32-valve LT5 which would power the coming King-of-the-Hill Corvette which at that time was to be a 1989 model.

That afternoon, Chevrolet rolled a ZR-1 prototype out of a Reliable truck and had race driver Kim Baker take a few hot laps as a teaser. No one got to ride in it or drive it, but we all stood by the side of the track at start-finish and watched and listened.

It's 19 years later and Chevrolet does almost the same thing with an prototype 09 ZR-1 at Laguna Seca.

In public relations, some things never change.
:)

I can't wait

I guess we all have to wait and see. I have a 91 ZR and an 03 Z06- so I can't wait to see what comes next! As for the front plate- NY has the law- I haven't had a front plate on any Vette ever and I only have one ticket to show for it.

C7 is a 2112 at the earliest. That's why they should make changes on the ZR1. Make some mid model excitement.:L

"2112"?!
Holy crap! I'll be long dead by then.

Actually, the latest intel is the a "C7" will appear as a 2013 model in the fall of '12.

Long Dead?

Hib, you just need to start going to bed around 9PM and start exercising, also drink one glass of good bourbon a day (Evan Williams is a good choice); and you will live to see a C-9.:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom