Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

200r4 tranny questions

billyvette

Corvette
78 s/a paint with oyster leather l82 auto
I have an opportunity to obtain a 200r4 tranny out of a 85 monte carlo that is coming out from behind a 305 v-8. Is this a direct bolt in to replace the 350 tranny that is in my 78 vette? My engine is a stock L82
with headers and chambered exhaust. Car is a cruiser and not a drag car by any means. What changes would need to be made to the tranny and my vette in order to make it work? The overdrive would be nice to go with my 3.55 gears, especially on the highway.

Thanks for all your replies.
thumbsup.gif

I had the 200R4 put in my 77. I paid someone to do it. It was a direct bolt in with no mods to the drive train. The only complication is the TV setup.

You'll like it with the 3:55's. I have 3:08's and lost a little bottom end oomph.

thanks bobchad, for the response. you have come a long way on that 77, since 2004. what were the charges on the installation? if you don't mind.

The guy wants 350 for the tranny and converter, it has 61,000 miles on it and has been shifting good. Just taken out of the car, his family has owned the car since new. Is this a good price for this particular tranny?

TV cable made easy, courtesy of C4C5Mechanic...

The TV cable part number is 25515598.
The bracket is discontinued from GM, but your application would be a 84-88 Caprice Classic, with a 5.0 engine with a 700r4 transmission, carbed.
This should let you get a used bracket from a junkyard.

Thanks for the replies, he backed out on selling the tranny.
We had made a deal for 300 even (no money changed hands)and he decided today to keep it for his monte carlo project.

So my vette will have to wait a while for a better tranny.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom