Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport 2010 GS Transmission Problem 2000 Miles

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

rkoblin

Corvette
Owned 2003, 2010 GS
Well need some feedback from those more technical than I. Have a 2010 GS manual transmission. Intermittently when down shifting, shifter will pop out of 2nd gear. Dealer said that the syncromesh is bad and is rebuilding the transmission under warranty of course. If you are a gear head, does that sound like a feasable diagnosis. Has any of you experienced this yet if you own the same kind of GS?????
Appreciate the feed back.
Rich
Aiken, SC
2010 Blue GS (Sick at the moment);shrug

If it "pops out of gear" upon decel, then I'd look at bent shift fork or linkage. It might just need to be adjusted as these manual linkages are critical for positive shifting.

You must be kidding!! A new GS? Things like that make it hard to be a "dedicated" corvette person!!! :bash:bash

Up Date On Transmission Problem

Well got the word today that the 2nd gear is defective and the syncro is defective. GM has agreed to give me a new transmission. Problem is that parts are not available for the 2010 GS. Wait time 10 days to 2 weeks. If you think it takes trime to order a new 2010 GS, the wait is just as bad for parts. ;shrug Will keep you yo to date.

Rich
Aiken, SC

Tell them to ditch that stock trans and throw a RPM Transmission in there.:L

Sorry to hear about your tranny problems. I have just over 5K on my GS 6 speed and NO problems what so ever. This is my 9th Corvette and they just keep getting better. The only problem I have EVER had was the steering wheel lock out on the 2000 FRC. I still loved that car with a passion. Almost wish I hadn't sold that one. I guy maid an unbelievable offer on it and it was gone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom