Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Corvette Reveal Live Video Stream

After seeing the pics of the dark gray and the rear, I thought it didn't look quite as horrendous as the red/black rear. It just seems too unfinished when you see all of the black against a lighter contrasting color. Like others, I'd like to see one in person. That being said, when I first saw a '63 and then a '68, I was smitten. Finally got a '73 and never looked back. Maybe a new Stingray someday.

Any word on a roadster version? Also the functional hood heat extractor will certainly pose design problems for the aftermarket CAI folks.
That hood heat extractor is 100% functional and helps with decreasing coefficient of drag!

I was just going back through and reading others' posts. Interesting all the varying opinions about it. I've liked every generation; the only one that I really didn't like at all initially was the C5. I always disliked the rear end although I LOVED the front styling. I thought it was an amazingly bold move from the C4 and was worthy of a new generational tag (C5). Up until seeing this C7, I had planned to get me a C6 this year as I LOVE those too. Very much. Took some time for the headlights to grow on me but now I think the car is exquisite. Its a shame to have to let that go but I will for this C7. The attitude that spews from this new rendition just moves me beyond words! ATTITUDE!!!! It says to me, "CORVETTE IS HERE AND IS HERE TO STAY" and kick some butt in the process. :thumb
Dawn, I agree with you 100%!

That hood heat extractor is 100% functional and helps with decreasing coefficient of drag!

Not sure what your point is but that's exactly what I said. My point was that it will be in the way of the dopey CAI systems.

BTW, anyone know if the top is removable?

Last edited:
Not sure what your point is but that's exactly what I said. My point was that it will be in the way of the dopey CAI systems.

BTW, anyone know if the top is removable?
Was just making a general statement. Not sure about a convertible version yet, but that is on my questions list for tomorrow's interviews. The top is removable.

Was just making a general statement. Not sure about a convertible version yet, but that is on my questions list for tomorrow's interviews. The top is removable.

I guess I'd be more careful when making general statements that are contradictory to what someone else said.

I guess I'd be more careful when making general statements that are contradictory to what someone else said.
Wow....oooooookkkkk...then.

I'll try to be more careful when responding to your posts then. I'm being inundated with posts and emails both positive and negative about fake vs. real body vents on the C7..so I'll be sure to read your posts more carefully...

Wow....oooooookkkkk...then.

I'll try to be more careful when responding to your posts then. I'm being inundated with posts and emails both positive and negative about fake vs. real body vents on the C7..so I'll be sure to read your posts more carefully...

Good plan. :)

2014 Vette

Hello to everyone on this forum.

This is my very first post and fittingly it is about a new generation Corvette. I have to say that other than the C4's, which I can't stand to look at (they look too much like another sport car of that era) that I absolutely love all other corvettes!
I presently own a 2008 vert and it puts a smile on my face every time I get into it. The drive quality and fuel mileage is just unreal for a car with this much power. The first time I sat in it it felt like it was made just for me and I can and do drive it all day long without any concerns for comfort,it just fits like a fine Italian leather glove.

If the new C7, which i think rocks in "black" with chrome wheels (and yes wheels are meant to be chromed!) is anywhere new the thrill of a C6 in drive quality and the power to match then I think this Corvette will be the best ever and has the sophistication to keep the competition at bay and draw in a new generation of Corvette lovers who demand the latest in tech and coolness. :cool!:Yes I was apprehensive at first but the more I looked at it and studied it I found that it grew on me pretty fast. I now love this car and can't wait to try it!! :beer

Hello to everyone on this forum.

This is my very first post and fittingly it is about a new generation Corvette. I have to say that other than the C4's, which I can't stand to look at (they look too much like another sport car of that era) that I absolutely love all other corvettes!
I presently own a 2008 vert and it puts a smile on my face every time I get into it. The drive quality and fuel mileage is just unreal for a car with this much power. The first time I sat in it it felt like it was made just for me and I can and do drive it all day long without any concerns for comfort,it just fits like a fine Italian leather glove.

If the new C7, which i think rocks in "black" with chrome wheels (and yes wheels are meant to be chromed!) is anywhere new the thrill of a C6 in drive quality and the power to match then I think this Corvette will be the best ever and has the sophistication to keep the competition at bay and draw in a new generation of Corvette lovers who demand the latest in tech and coolness. :cool!:Yes I was apprehensive at first but the more I looked at it and studied it I found that it grew on me pretty fast. I now love this car and can't wait to try it!! :beer

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

I can tell you that everyone I have talked to in the last couple days that has driven the car, loves it. That includes GM President, Mark Reuss who spoke about his experiences driving it down in Bowling Green a couple weeks ago.

In fact, everyone I talked to about driving it, slowly developed an ear to ear grin...almost evil...breaking into a big smile and saying "Unbelievable" or "Absolutely Exhilarating" or "Simply Awesome".

The looks and smiles, combined with the comments makes me think: "Something Wicked This Way Comes!" ;)

Or, possibly, everyone you talked to who has driven the car also works for GM. That doesn't mean that the car isn't everything they say it is, but I'll be keeping an open mind until at least a year from now...after all the independent sources have finished "boinging around" the flashy new car, and after they have calmed down and conducted their instrumented tests and on-road evaluations. They're only human, after all...and have just endured a year-long P.R. campaign that nearly equaled the recent two-year-long Presidential campaign madness in hype and scope. I'm paraphrasing here, but we're still in the midst of "the fog of launch".

Last edited:
I see Hib is as friendly and helpful as ever...:eyerole
:chuckle
Well thanks. I try.

I'm, also, a true believer and one of the keepers of the Corvette fire.

If squarish tail lights and quarter windows is all it takes to get you looking at Porsches, then you're not a true believer.

:chuckle
Well thanks. I try.

I'm, also, a true believer and one of the keepers of the Corvette fire.

If squarish tail lights and quarter windows is all it takes to get you looking at Porsches, then you're not a true believer.

If being a "true believer" means refusing to allow myself to disagree with anything that GM does to the Corvette...then I am most certainly not a true believer. I have owned and enjoyed five (so far) Corvettes in my lifetime, with the hope of more to follow. But you know, Porsche makes some nice cars, too. Their design and character may seem totally alien to a Corvette "true believer", but they have their own kind of charm and appeal as well. I'm writing here about the 981s, not the 991s. At any rate, while 981 pricing is completely unjustified, 991 pricing is certifiably insane. Pricing alone may well end up placing me right back into another Corvette...I just don't know yet whether it will be a C6 or a C7...

Honestly, I have never even considered the C7 quarter windows, one way or the other. They may even be a good thing, from a blind spot perspective. No, my only complaint with anything on the C7 green house was the black top, and since it appears that the black top will be an option, I'm fine with that, too. Also, I've owned a Corvette that has "squarish tail lights" for 17 years...and they, and the shapes of the ones on the C7, are just fine with me, too. On the C7, they are sized smaller (especially the inner ones) to look proportional with the black trim around them. It's the whole tail light treatment (lights and black trim together) that I don't care for. Remove the black eye makeup and make the inner lights the same size as the outer lights...and I'm all on board.

Truthfully, though I won't actually see the car until tomorrow, I've softened a bit on the styling (aside from the rear end). I think painting most of the black stuff forward of the rear bumper would cure most of its woes. On the back...that diffuser needs a lot of judiciously-applied, body-color paint. Just painting the whole thing won't work...it's too large and the tail lights are too small. They would get lost in the resulting expanse. I'm not sure what the solution is for the rear end...

Truthfully, though I won't actually see the car until tomorrow, I've softened a bit on the styling (aside from the rear end). I think painting most of the black stuff forward of the rear bumper would cure most of its woes. On the back...that diffuser needs a lot of judiciously-applied, body-color paint. Just painting the whole thing won't work...it's too large and the tail lights are too small. They would get lost in the resulting expanse. I'm not sure what the solution is for the rear end...

I have to say that the new camaro has this horrible problem too. I don't understand why many of the new American made sports cars have this item being so big in the back. Its the one thing about the new camaro that I just can't stand. Thankfully, with the ground effects available and the right color you can perceptually minimize this aesthetic defect. It doesn't seem to be too damaging to the C7 but it is something I certainly noticed, even though I am completely overtaken by the beauty of the car. There must be some necessary reason for this; perhaps safety? The new challengers also have somewhat of a big bumper but at least they've molded this with the entire car. I'm not sure why GM has cut the car with a different panel and color in this way on both the C7 and camaro.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom