Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Press Release: 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray base price set at $51,995, up 3%

GM Execs

By trying to attract a younger crowd to Corvette ownership, GM doesn't mean young. The target is the successful mid career professional with a great job, and discretionary bucks - think Porsche type customer. That demographic is 20 years younger than the current customer. The truly young customer, starting life and career will be hard pressed to afford any car in the high performance sports car segment. When I was a kid, you could buy a Vette for a couple grand more than a Chevelle SS. But that was then......

GM has to convince the first-time toy buyer to get a Vette instead of a Porsche or whatever. From what I saw at Bowling Green, they have a shot at it. The C7 is awesome, even in base configuration. The GM execs are awfully cocky about the new car. I hope they are right. It might be their last shot.

Not to derail the conversation Catburt, but the execs at GM are not the best the company needs right now. Have you read the scathing review of Ackerson by DeLorenzo at Autoextremist? I'm not advocating or anything, but if 10% of that article is actually the case, we're screwed! We need more real car guys at the helm, got to keep the company focused on building the best, not on hype. Let the glory follow the product, like with the Vette.
I'm hoping for the best!
Cheers :beer

You've got to wonder about GM pricing "strategies". They offer the Z51 Performance Package, LOADED with value, for just $2800. Then they turn around and want to charge $596 to paint the calipers red, and $495 to paint four wheels black. That must be SOME paint! On the one hand, they seem to consider Corvette buyers to be perceptive and intelligent, and on the other hand--real suckers for color. And I'm sure plenty will prove them correct.

I noticed that too, and I totally agree with what you're saying.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom