Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Press Release: 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray base price set at $51,995, up 3%

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2014 Corvette Stingray Starts at $51,995

GM Media
04-26-2013

DETROIT
– The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.

“The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet’s mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.”

Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:

• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment
  • Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
  • New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
  • 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
  • Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
  • Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model’s structure
  • Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
  • Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
  • Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
  • Keyless access with push-button start
  • Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
  • An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob

As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would be $73,360, including:

• 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
  • Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
  • Competition sports seats ($2,495)
  • Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
  • Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
  • Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
  • Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
  • Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
  • Red-painted calipers ($595)
  • Black-painted wheels ($495)

The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.

The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering.

About Chevrolet
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

###

Wow !

I'm very impressed that the marketing folks hit the price nail right on the head on this C7. It makes a perfect transition from a Camaro SS Zl1 to a new Corvette. @ $51K for the base model. I paid $49.8K back in 2003 for my 50th Anniversary 1SC coupe. Sadly Chevy would only give me 17K for my 2003 Corvette as a trade-in. Which isn't never gonna happen, I only have 16,673 miles on her as of now. (I've been very sick the last few years. It's good to see they have thought this out and came to a fair price for this car. I really didn't like the first C7 I saw, it was in torch red, and had the huge black back bumper and valance. But I went to Chevy.com and there you can see it in a host of colors. In Cyber gray, they paint the whole car including the rear valance and once painted, (Just like my C5) the rear doesn't scream out at you. I still don't care for the foolish square lights but what ever, I suppose since my first Vette was a 1959 dark midnight metallic blue roadster and it had "Banana" shaped rear lights I guess I can live with square lights ! I'm very impressed ! :w

More options?

Did they publish the entire option/price list or just the ones posted?

• Admin
Although I don't have a spare $52K laying around, I think this is a real bargain considering the technology in this car. As has been the history with the 'Vette, I can't think of another car out there with the ability of the Corvette at this price.

I'm very impressed that the marketing folks hit the price nail right on the head on this C7. It makes a perfect transition from a Camaro SS Zl1 to a new Corvette. @ $51K for the base model. I paid $49.8K back in 2003 for my 50th Anniversary 1SC coupe. Sadly Chevy would only give me 17K for my 2003 Corvette as a trade-in. Which isn't never gonna happen, I only have 16,673 miles on her as of now. (I've been very sick the last few years. It's good to see they have thought this out and came to a fair price for this car. I really didn't like the first C7 I saw, it was in torch red, and had the huge black back bumper and valance. But I went to Chevy.com and there you can see it in a host of colors. In Cyber gray, they paint the whole car including the rear valance and once painted, (Just like my C5) the rear doesn't scream out at you. I still don't care for the foolish square lights but what ever, I suppose since my first Vette was a 1959 dark midnight metallic blue roadster and it had "Banana" shaped rear lights I guess I can live with square lights ! I'm very impressed ! :w

Dang Killain, you o.k., ya gonna get better? I hope you recover to enjoy cruisin' in your nice ride. Hang in! :beer

Glad to have what I have

Beautiful cars!
I'm just happy to have my '94 convertible (I paid it off over 17 years ago).

Vette

Once again,the best $$$$$ value in a sports car in the world...BAR NONE !!!!:cool!:

2014 Corvette Stingray Starts at $51,995

GM Media
04-26-2013

DETROIT
– The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.

“The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet’s mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.”

Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:

• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment
  • Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
  • New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
  • 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
  • Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
  • Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model’s structure
  • Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
  • Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
  • Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
  • Keyless access with push-button start
  • Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
  • An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob

As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would be $73,360, including:

• 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
  • Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
  • Competition sports seats ($2,495)
  • Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
  • Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
  • Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
  • Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
  • Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
  • Red-painted calipers ($595)
  • Black-painted wheels ($495)

The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.

The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering.

About Chevrolet
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

###

Last edited:
The two Chevy dealers out here will have a dealer markup of $5,000 to $10,000 for these cars.:mad

The two Chevy dealers out here will have a dealer markup of $5,000 to $10,000 for these cars.:mad

I'm sure that many of them will. They've been giving away Corvettes for the last several years to keep their allocations up. I'm sure they will try to make up for it with this car.

Makes you wonder...

You've got to wonder about GM pricing "strategies". They offer the Z51 Performance Package, LOADED with value, for just $2800. Then they turn around and want to charge $596 to paint the calipers red, and $495 to paint four wheels black. That must be SOME paint! On the one hand, they seem to consider Corvette buyers to be perceptive and intelligent, and on the other hand--real suckers for color. And I'm sure plenty will prove them correct.

Awesome. What a gonga deal. Does anyone know when they will begin taking orders? Can you order one in primer?

So much for drawing the younger owners in....It hasn't gone up much (about $1400 for the base?), but let's face it, many younger potential buyers will get shut out...but I do admit that it's a great value when you consider other sports cars of the day

:thumb

aw ...some 51000.00 great price.. I ll keep my 00 c-5 coupe !!! insurance is a killer on new vettes .BUT it would be a nice MOTHERS DAY PRESENT for LOVELY MRS . CARL C1C3C5:happyanim:

By trying to attract a younger crowd to Corvette ownership, GM doesn't mean young. The target is the successful mid career professional with a great job, and discretionary bucks - think Porsche type customer. That demographic is 20 years younger than the current customer. The truly young customer, starting life and career will be hard pressed to afford any car in the high performance sports car segment. When I was a kid, you could buy a Vette for a couple grand more than a Chevelle SS. But that was then......

GM has to convince the first-time toy buyer to get a Vette instead of a Porsche or whatever. From what I saw at Bowling Green, they have a shot at it. The C7 is awesome, even in base configuration. The GM execs are awfully cocky about the new car. I hope they are right. It might be their last shot.

Convertible with 3LT and Z51 with some other options comes in at $74,000.00. Plus a dealer markup of 5 to 10K and you are talking 80K.

Hurry out and buy one of the last 2013 427 Convertibles. :w

Fortunately, not all dealers are selling at over sticker. My dealer offered to order any Vette at MSRP, with a "generous" trade-in allowance. I don't know if the really big Vette dealers are willing to alienate customers by getting greedy. I know that I have a long memory for that kind of crap. If you must buy local, you may get stung. Phoenix jumps to mind.

Option Costs

You've got to wonder about GM pricing "strategies". They offer the Z51 Performance Package, LOADED with value, for just $2800. Then they turn around and want to charge $596 to paint the calipers red, and $495 to paint four wheels black. That must be SOME paint! On the one hand, they seem to consider Corvette buyers to be perceptive and intelligent, and on the other hand--real suckers for color. And I'm sure plenty will prove them correct.

Rickorv... count your lucky starz. Option pricing with Porsche or BMW can be afforded only by the Pentagon, and that might get cut out of this years budget! :rotfl

Vette is AMAZING!!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom