Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Start of Production Delayed

Interesting rumor I heard out of one of the Chevy dealers I run DX's for is that GM, "....due to the outcry of the new rear end (i.e. tail lights), they are redesigning and holding up production." Now, albeit I am not a fan of the new rear lights, I would seriously doubt GM would do it in the first model year, but rather a future model year of the (outcry) continues along with poor sales; the later of which would seem highly unlikely. Tail light birthers......:L

nut

Interesting indeed!

Yeah Rob... you know how much thought I put into "rumors". Now..... if this "rumor" had come from the VP/GM or a local GM rep.......may.....be I'd say Hmmmmm. But I think Hib was most correct as GM is just trying to get it right. I will keep my ears open for any more tid bits. See you in Carlisle.

.............. bob :D

Taillight supplier run short on mascara? :rotfl Maybe they need more power sauce from the Triumph Rocket III ;LOL

I'm sure a quality item needs an update or something like that. They won't let this car out until it's perfect.

Is there such a thing as a "perfect" Corvette? I've owned 20 of these cars and not one has been "perfect." Case-in-point: I particularly enjoyed having to get my "flying roof skin" replaced on my new $73K '06 Z06. I also loved the fact that my then new '96 CE convertible had a vibration so bad that it felt like riding on four square tires thanks to a "software glitch" that controlled the optional Selective Real Time Damping system. Over five trips back to the dealership until problem resolved. The C7 and all its "techological improvements" will be a real challenge for GM to get right right out of the box.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as a "perfect" Corvette? I've owned 20 of these cars and not one has been "perfect." Case-in-point: I particularly enjoyed having to get my "flying roof skin" replaced on my new $73K '06 Z06. I also loved the fact that my then new '96 CE convertible had a vibration so bad that it felt like riding on four square tires thanks to a "software glitch" that controlled the optional Selective Real Time Damping system. Over five trips back to the dealership until problem resolved. The C7 and all its "techological improvements" will be a real challenge for GM to get right right out of the box.

Just sayin'.

Maybe it's time for a different brand. If I had your luck I'd probably have a Porsche in the driveway. Their sales are up 32%.
BB

more plausable rumor...

Well today I heard from my local Cevy dealer a more plausable reason for the C7 debut delay. They were recently told GM was having problems with the carbon fiber hoods not aligning properly. (IF).... true, that is certainly a more valid reason for a delay in delivery that (could) occur in a debut generation year. We'll all see soon enough. Keeping the ears to the wall for more skuttlebutt.

............. nut :D

Hmmmm.....not sure if I'd want to go with that. GM has experience with carbon fiber body panels since the 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition. I believe they had issues with the carbon fibers aligning properly within the hood bit don't quote me on that. Since then, we have carbon fiber body panels on the 2006 Z06 and more recently, the carbon fiber roof on the ZR1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I received word earlier today from one of my sources that start of production for the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray has been delayed.

I emailed GM earlier today inquiring about this and I'm still awaiting word. As soon as I hear anything I'll post back here.

According to a GM rep, that I was talking to this past weekend who brought a C7 to the Niagara Falls Corvette club car show, they are having a problem with the brakes squealing/squeaking , and haven't found a solution yet

Last edited:
Squeaking/squealling brakes aren't new to the Vette - the big brake cars have done that for years, at least until you heat them up some.

This is probably just the cover story that the GM rep can say without getting into trouble.

I'm certain there's a valid reason for any delay.
In the meantime... they could release a Nordschleife lap time.. Ahem, .... :bu

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray start of production...

I'd rather wait until they work out all the bugs on the C7. It's better for the new Stingray to be perfect right from the start than to rush into production before the car is 100% ready to launch. This is typical on every new car design and even so more important on a legendary sportscar like the Corvette. So, be patient friends. This car will be worth the wait!:thumb

Production Start Next Week

According to my dealers GM contact....I ordered the BV4 option and he said no problem production starts next week. Hopefully he's right :D

So - Has anyone received/are driving their new 2014 Stingray yet?

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Z51-top-view-in-motion.jpg

Actually the dealer called me to come pick mine up last Friday .I rejected it because they shipped yellow rather than the silver I had ordered .:mad

Actually the dealer called me to come pick mine up last Friday .I rejected it because they shipped yellow rather than the silver I had ordered .:mad

Logistical snafu's... oh no, not already!!:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom