Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Unveiled!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
  • Admin
Initial impressions...WOW...I LOVE IT! The design is awesome. I love the front view, and side view. I like the rear end....but not in love with it. It's almost a bit over the top....but I think the more I see it, the more I could warm up to it.

Fit and finish are awesome...and the interior - fantastic. Love the look and quality.

I had to really rush to take photos because there is press here from around the world, and they are all up on one stage surrounding the car. I wanted to get the photos up on the CAC ASAP so I did not weed through them and pick out the bad shots. You are seeing exactly what I was able to see and the camera captured.

In my opinion, GM has one hell of a winner on their hands.

While working my way in and out of photographers, all I kept hearing from people up on stage was "this is f***ing sharp." "They outdid themselves this time." "They have a real winner here."

As I sit all the way in the back typing this post, the car is up on stage completely buried by the press taking photos. I can't even see the and above the stage....a huge sign that says "STINGRAY".

I am truly honored and humbled to have been given this opportunity by GM. Thank you!!

You either love it or hate it. After searching all the Corvette forums, the vast majority think it suks, as do I.

To each his own, but I'm disappointed in it. I thought it'd be nicer, more original like a Corvette should be. No Ferrari, Camaro, Mustang design influence. Deeply disappointed in the design team. I mean, really?? Camaro rear end??? They couldn't come up with something else?? I do want to see one in person though, especially the interior.

There is definitely more that I like than dislike. Overall impression is good but until I see one in person.... who knows?

-Mac

The first thing I thought was... Viper. I know that is a bad word in this community but that is what it looks like to me. I do not like it.

I'm with Mac on this one. I really like the overall design; I think it has more of a futuristic style to it than even the C6 did. If I picked out details one by one I may see things differently, but as I said, as a whole, I like it.

Congrats GM - nice!
:wJane Ann

Looks pretty good. But not a fan of the rear end.
I was unable to find the park brake lever in the pics. I hope it doesn't have an electronic parking brake.

Looks pretty good. But not a fan of the rear end.
I was unable to find the park brake lever in the pics. I hope it doesn't have an electronic parking brake.

Clearly, whatever parking brake it did have, didn't work because they had two big wheel chocks, one behind the front tire and one in front of the rear tire.

I like everything except the Nissan Z quarter windows and the rectangular tail lamps.

I can live with it. I'd sure like to anyway.

Tom

Gotta say I like it!

Firstly, Congrats Rob for getting a ringside seat, how amazin would have it been to be in the room, what an experience.

Waited until 10:00am Australian time 14/01/2012 to see it, and it was well worth it.

Now I must admit, I see a few cars from different angles, yes Ferrari and behind the front wheel to mid door, maybe an Aston Martin.
You just have to admit though, that the Corvette is a world class car and while it has a very proud American Heritage, it has graduated to a world class sportscar...I wish it was available here in Australia as RHD.

It is truely an evolution and you can tell it is as Chevy as the cars before it. The badge and some of the design cues keep reminding you it is a Vette and the way the car sits, it means business without movement.

What a stunner!

:beer

Tony

Last edited:
I can't stand this new 2014 Vette, the C6 with the exposed headlights was a challenge but acceptable now the C7 just sucks. :mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom