Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Spy Photos

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
It's hard to tell with that wrap on it. All you can see is the windshield, roof and that it still has round tail lights in the normal location. I don't expect a huge change; more of an evolution.

Tom

• Admin
It's hard to tell with that wrap on it. All you can see is the windshield, roof and that it still has round tail lights in the normal location. I don't expect a huge change; more of an evolution.

Tom
Take a close look at the headlights....

Look a lot like a C6.

I don't know what to think about the headlights. It looks like the openings in the wrap are mis-shaped to hide the lights actual shape.

I agree that it looks much like a C6. Let's hope those vents on the "B" pillar don't come true or we'll start calling the C7.... armadillo.;)

It might be a test mule wrapped in C6 skin.

The camo-wrap was certainly engineered to hide as much as possible and even to suggest things that aren't there. Both the taillights and headlights look more like flexible plastic covers to obscure the real forms underneath, but the overall size and layout are still very C6-like.

If you recall, the C5 test mule was a Gen-4 Camaro, so the possibility is very likely that a C6 is wringing out the C7's guts.

I don't think they would clad a C6 mule with that much cammo. That's kind of why they would use the C6. It's probably an early C7 mock up doing driveline or component testing. Once again GM has started the buzz two years before it's available, and a full year before the probable Detroit Auto Show unveiling. I guess this is the gear head's version of baseball's hot stove league. The next tease should be late Spring or early Summer.

That would be why they cammo up a C6 mule ...

... just to feed the rumor mill and keep the hype going. Where the body is exposed on top, notice how the roof dips in the middle and there are eyebrows over the doors. It's a C6 targa top.

Actually, the hood looks longer in comparison side by side with a C6, at the same time the bottom of the nose seems to have an upward slope toward the front as opposed to being parallel to the groung. The roofline seems to slope backward more than a C6. It looks faster standing still. Overall the roofline/ hood setup looks more aggressive. Besides that, the rear overhang does look a bit longer, not much. Although, the grille looks the same... It looks very similar, but my only issue with C6 (after I got over the headlights lol) was the shorter length and taller stature, making it more boxy. If this car is lower/ longer in appearance, with most of the same general features as the C6, without that garbage C6 interior design, I'll be sold. (C5 interior is awesome looking, the C6 looks like an Impala interior or something). And if they choose to use a smaller engine and it's not 5.5L, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 5.7L... Everyone loves a 350!

Take a close look at the headlights....

Huh.

The actual projector lenses under the outer cover appear to be almost stacked above each other. Kinda "caddy"-like. The dog leg, the space between the door and rear wheel opening, appears to be wider as well.

Can't wait to see it without the moo-moo.:chuckle

2014 vette

ho_hum, HELL MY VETTE LOOKS BETTER THAN THAT THING

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom