Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Site Update: 2015 - 2016 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Shake Or Shudder On Acceleration Excessive Engine RPM Fluctuation Between 30...

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
#PIP5337E: Shake Or Shudder On Acceleration Excessive Engine RPM Fluctuation Between 30 And 65 MPH - (Aug 15, 2016)

Subject: Shake Or Shudder On Acceleration Excessive Engine RPM Fluctuation Between 30 And 65 MPH

Models:

2015 - 2016 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV built prior to 11/01/15.

2015 - 2016 Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado built prior to 11/01/15.

2015 - 2016 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL built prior to 11/01/15.

Equipped with 8L90 Automatic Transmission (RPOs M5U) and the 6.2L (RPOs L86 and LT1)

Note: This information does not apply to Silverado and Sierra models with the 5.3L (RPO L83).

Please refer to bulletin 16-NA-175 for vehicles equipped with 5.3L (RPO L83)

This PI was superseded to update labor time. Please discard PIP5337D.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern

Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions

A shake or shudder during light throttle acceleration, between 30 and 65 mph steady state driving.

Excessive engine RPM fluctuation that may be described as frequent tachometer needle movement at constant speed when engine speed is below 1600 RPM.

A shudder feeling that may be described as driving over rumble strips or rough pavement.

It is important to note that these conditions:

Do not occur during vehicle launch from a stop.

Do not occur when the transmission is shifting gears

Do not occur when the vehicle is decelerating.

Do not occur when TCC slip speed is zero. TCC slip speed is zero in gears 2-8 when engine RPM is greater than 1600 RPM.

Link: 2015 - 2016 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Shake Or Shudder On Acceleration Excessive Engine RPM Fluctuation Between 30 And 65 MPH

2016 Vette transmission

I notice on my 2016 Corvette I have a slight shutter around 45-50 mph. It feels like you are going over a rough road. There is a service bulletin # PIP5337E that refers to shake or shudder on acceleration. My question is , what does the dealership do to correct this problem. Do they just change the transmission fluid with a correction chemical ?

Last edited:
I just had my '18 Colorado Z71 in the shop for this condition. It's the Torque Converter Clutch slipping. They changed to a different transmission fluid and flushed the system. 500 miles later it's still good.

I notice on my 2016 Corvette I have a slight shutter around 45-50 mph. It feels like you are going over a rough road. There is a service bulletin # PIP5337E that refers to shake or shudder on acceleration. My question is , what does the dealership do to correct this problem. Do they just change the transmission fluid with a correction chemical ?

The bulletin states that if the correct parameters are met then the torque converter needs to be replaced, the cooler lines flushed properly, replace filter and clean pan, use GM ATF and fill per SI.

Thanks for the reply, I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow, we will see the outcome.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom