Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2017 Z06 Option Paint Protection - Associated Accessories #7 area

mjdart

Corvette
'79 L-82, '80 L-82. & '85 4+3 64 Coupe
When building my 2017 Z06 online (Chevrolet website) I came across this option under accessories:

Paint Protection - Associated Accessories
Price : $499
Wear & Tear Kit Plus Added Protection Kit (Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Front Bumpers, Door Edge Guards, Door Cups) by 3M. Before driving your Corvette off the dealership lot, help protect it with 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film-Pro Series, one of the very best films on the market today! Help protect the most vulnerable areas of your vehicle. Non-GM Warranty. Warranty by 3M. For more information call 1-800-643-0955.

Is this new with the factory? I've always wanted this option when I order or buy a new car, anyone know of or have experience with this option? I know Scotchgard has been around for years but I never saw it from the factory

reading description to me appears like dealer installed not the factory

This is a dealer installed option that you can include in your order.

Here at MacMulkin Corvette, we use XPEL Paint Protection Film - a clear, self healing film that is one of the best in the business.

I have Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film on my 12 Z06 and our two Cadillac ATS-Vs. It's about the best PPF on the market right now.

Keep in mind that PPF installations are decidely NOT DIY activities. If you're going to spring for PPF, let an experienced Xpel installer do the work. MacMulkin deals with an outstanding Xpel Installer.

Also, Xpel Ultimate is reviewed elsewhere on the CAC in the Product Eval. pages.

Considered museum delivery but if dealer installs, that takes away that option.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom