Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2020 Mid-Engine C8 Corvette to Debut as a Stingray Model

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
This morning, Chevrolet has verified that the 2020 mid-engine C8 Corvette will debut this coming Thursday as a Stingray model.

The Stingray name plate was first introduced on the 1963 split-window Corvette and ran until 1976.

Chevrolet brought it back for 2014 C7 Corvette and this morning they confirmed that it will continue for the C8 generation.

It's our belief that the Z06 and Grand Sport models will follow as well as a high performance hybrid model yet to be named.

This coming Thursday, July 18th at 7:30 PM PDT (10:30 PM EDT) the 2020 Corvette will be officially unveiled to the public in a hangar in Tustin, California. The event will be live-streamed for everyone to watch, so if you can't be there in person, you can still be apart of it!

Below are the official logos for the C8 Corvette:

Attachments

• Corvette_SymSig_Chrome_bl.jpg
    Corvette_SymSig_Chrome_bl.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Corvette_SymSig_Chrome_wh.jpg
    Corvette_SymSig_Chrome_wh.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Stingray_Symbol_black_onWhite.jpg
    Stingray_Symbol_black_onWhite.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Stingray_Symbol_Rend_onWhite.jpg
    Stingray_Symbol_Rend_onWhite.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
I'm going to watch closely to see if it'll be available in a convertible with manual transmission .From what I've seen of it the paint sucks looks like a Dalmatian .

I'm going to watch closely to see if it'll be available in a convertible with manual transmission .From what I've seen of it the paint sucks looks like a Dalmatian .

You noticed that too? Almost like they planned it that way.....

Last edited:
Everything I've read or heard, it's an auto only, Steve. I haven't heard anything about a 'vert model either, but I can't see them not offering a topless model, at least in the near future, if not right away.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom