Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3.42 diff swap

edram454

recently swapped out my 2.73 diff on my 2000 a4 to a 3.42. My predator was not able to make the software gear change for my auto trans so I had to call a tuner who used efilive to do it. he made the software change in the computer and I took the car for a drive while it still had the 2.73 diff in it. no problems. shifts were smooth. diff was physically changed and took car for a ride and the tranny shifts hard... like it had a shift kit or something. i know the predator changes the line pressures but this is rather severe. had anybody experienced this before on a diff swap??

When the tuner did the ratio change did they tune the shift points and firmness also? If they changed it and then you change it with the predator that would be bad.

I curios is your predator and old model? My predator doesnt have any problem changing the gear ratio to 3.42

predator

When the tuner did the ratio change did they tune the shift points and firmness also? If they changed it and then you change it with the predator that would be bad.

I curios is your predator and old model? My predator doesnt have any problem changing the gear ratio to 3.42

My predator was bought in 2008. Not an old model. dont know why it did not work. I am going for a dyno tune now..dont want to play games anymore. there is nothing more frustrating than to think you have a tool that can do something and in the end it doesnt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom