Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4+3 In and now working!

R

Rcpilotlv

I posted a post not to long ago about problems with my overdrive. I pulled it and sent it to 4 speeds by darrel. Got it back the other day and installed it saturday.... Thanks darrel its now working great, I highly recommend them... Rpms are now 1800 at 75 instead of 3000..

The bad news is i picked up a vibration... I think i put the driveshaft in 180 degrees wrong, because i forgot to mark it when i took it off... Maybe the balance is off? Im also going to get my tires rebalanced just to double check everything.. I post back if i find it.... I would also like to thank everyone for helping RC..

Cool, Glad to hear it's working. I took the drive to Red Rock Canyon and Bonnie Springs today it was great!! Nice to hear your back on the road again.

Rcpilotlv said:
The bad news is i picked up a vibration...

Hmmm... I'm curious about that vibration. I won't have to concern myself with the 4+3 when my new engine goes in this week, but when I did have the transmission work done last year, I noticed a pronounced vibration as well, beginning around 1900 rpm. It is more of a "harmonic" type of vibration rather than something out-of-balance or loose.

Because it also vibrates when in neutral as the revs approach 1900 and beyond, I attributed it to a possible cracked bracket and also a loose bolt on my A/C bracket. Now that you mention having a vibration, I wonder if there is something they should have watched for upon re-assembly on mine.

Please keep us informed as to what you find.

_ken :w

All is well, I had the tires road forced balanced and no vibration at all...At 90 mph steady as a rock... kinda wierd how you work on one thing then another totally unrelated pops up! thanks again RC.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom