Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

400 Valve body and pan bolts

LanceB

Corvette
Hello all. Been awhile since I have been here. I had a broken bolt in my valve body when we were installing a shift kit. We finally got it out but I am unable to find anything in the way of new bolts. I have been to several auto places here in Louisville, KY and the best news I have found is from a local transmission place but they are going to be used bolts...which is where my problem started. Any ideas on where to look?;help

Well, valve body bolts aren't what I would consider a high stress application, so if the threads on the used bolts are in good shape, there shouldn't be a problem re-using them. Just pick bolts that have good heads on them. If you want new bolts and know what grade, size, length & threads you need, you should be able to get them from a bolt vendor. Couple of places to look on line are McMaster & Carr or Bolt Depot.

Transmission fluid capacity

Thanks for the help. I found the bolts at a company locally called "WIT" which stands for "whatever it takes". So just waiting on a new trans oil pan to come in since I butchered the old one trying to install a drain plug in it. I put it in the wrong side and it was hitting the filter; I thought I was being clever :duh. Anyway I was wondering since the valve body was removed how much fluid it is going to take to get it to the right level. The new pan has an extra 2 quarts...which I didn't think was really necessary but it is my brothers and he can do what he wants with it. I searched the forums and I am seeing some say 6-7 quarts if torque converter not empty and ranges from 12-15 quarts if the transmission is totally dry. What do you guys think?

I'd add about 8 quarts, warm it up and add fluid as needed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom