Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

49th Street Ground Effects???

V

vettegirl

Does anyone have a web address or contact info for this company? Say a ground effects kit on a C4 in Vette this month, would like to look into purchasing but can't find this company on the web.

Thanks!

As far as I know that company is out of business..

Have you seen a recent advertisement for them lately

I looked at the site, and saw that they have a "Changeover" kit to make a C-4 look more like a C-5. Someone should make a changeover to make C-4's and 5's look like C-3s. :D

-TJay

Why oh why

would you do that to a perfectly good Corvette?:(

I'm not really into custom kits either, but..

The kit I was looking for was just a tiny little piece that runs under the doors and makes it look a little more "finished". I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else......

Re: I'm not really into custom kits either, but..

vettegirl said:
The kit I was looking for was just a tiny little piece that runs under the doors and makes it look a little more "finished". I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else......

Like the ones in the attached picture?

if so, 49th Street has been out of business for some time.. I wish I could find a good set. I would make molds and reproduce them..

That's them!!!

Did you buy those from the now-defunct 49th Street?

You should make molds, you'd make a fortune! We had been looking all over for the little chrome tips that go on the hardtop for the '71. We couldn't find them anywhere - we would even ask those people who carry a lot of hardtops to the swapmeets to buy them off an old hardtop, and they had all already been sold. Anyway, this year at the NCRS Orlando show we were asking around again, and someone had taken the initiative to have them made up and was selling them for $ 60. a pair. A reasonable price, and I would have paid twice that, but considering it probably only costs a couple of dollars to manufacture them he is going to make a wild profit!! I even saw them in one of the new catalogs this month - maybe Corvette Central - and all I can think is "now why didn't we think of that????".:)

Yes, unfortunately, 49th Street has been out of business for a few years now. Recently a ZR-1 owner wrote into Vette magazine looking for information on the side rocker panels shown in the attached picture above. I wrote to him pesonally and suggested that he talk to a company like Ecklers in Florida. He was going to keep me posted.

Re: That's them!!!

vettegirl said:
Did you buy those from the now-defunct 49th Street?

You should make molds, you'd make a fortune! We had been looking all over for the little chrome tips that go on the hardtop for the '71. We couldn't find them anywhere - we would even ask those people who carry a lot of hardtops to the swapmeets to buy them off an old hardtop, and they had all already been sold. Anyway, this year at the NCRS Orlando show we were asking around again, and someone had taken the initiative to have them made up and was selling them for $ 60. a pair. A reasonable price, and I would have paid twice that, but considering it probably only costs a couple of dollars to manufacture them he is going to make a wild profit!! I even saw them in one of the new catalogs this month - maybe Corvette Central - and all I can think is "now why didn't we think of that????".:)

That is not my car unfortunately.. those are also the ZR1 versions..

I know Chrome Co. in Elmhurst Il use to sell them.. I will keep an eye out for them

Jeff,

What is the Chrome Co in Elmhurst? What do they specialize in?

Rob said:
Jeff,

What is the Chrome Co in Elmhurst? What do they specialize in?

They mostly are what seems to me a reseller for Chrome accessories.. At one time they carried the 49th street stuff.

I see them at Vettefest here in Chicago every year.

try another angle

Vette girl,

I love it when a girl drives a vette. Wouw.

Have you seen that the angle of the pic is made of the ground? You never look at you car like this? I hope for you that you don't.

I think when it's made at another angle, it would look much different.

xxx for the vette girl.

86 tpi zf-6 Modified L98 270hp & 317 lb.ft Rearwheelpower

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom