Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! 4L60E slight vibration..

NOAGGE

Corvette
1996 COLLECTORS EDITION LT1
Im am new to the CAC..And this is my first Corvette but have been a big fan for along time. Great info in this forum..Hopefully without getting to verbose, I am experiencing a slight vibration on light throtttle from a stop...I read a thread about this and I cannot seem to find it now...I am pretty mechanically inclined and know what my limits are...I at first notice thought it was body shimmy but have decided it is somwhere in tranny...(4L60E)..The car is very clean and has 43000 miles on it...Dont worry I do understand and have great respect for what time can play on a car, been there done that..I just wanted to know if this might be electrical or tranny rebuild time....The fluid looks to be new, and after reading threads on how you should change or not tranny fluid, maybe PO did have it done properly..I have googled the problem again for 2 days and cannot seem to find my problem ...BTW once it happens at 10-15mph it is done..If I accelerate from a stop with harder throttle it is not noticable...All other gears are fine...New tires...AndI really havent driven the car past 80mph..Sorry yall...Thank you so very much for the help ....I do have pics in my garage if you want to take a look!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the CAC "NOAGGE".

How did you decide the vibration you're experiencing is related to the transmission?

Welcome to the CAC "NOAGGE".

How did you decide the vibration you're experiencing is related to the transmission?

It is right after I give it throttle to take off(light throttle acceleration). Last for split second. Not in steering wheel. Not going fast enough to be tires..thought it might be seals in tranny not holding proper pressure because it has not been driven a lot (age). I dont want to do any further damage. Oh and it runs out great at speed and shifts properly..

Thanks Ron!!!

It is right after I give it throttle to take off(light throttle acceleration). Last for split second. Not in steering wheel. Not going fast enough to be tires..thought it might be seals in tranny not holding proper pressure because it has not been driven a lot (age). I dont want to do any further damage. Oh and it runs out great at speed and shifts properly..

Thanks Ron!!!

I put top on today to see if tranny shudder is present. To my surprise it is a totally different car with roof on. For last 3 months I have had car in garage with top removed and that is pretty much the only way I have driven it. So good news is that my mild and short lived Vibration was body flex induced and not trans related I presume. If anyone disagrees let me know!

Had you put in the first post that you had a Coupe with the roof off, you'd have gotten that answer almost immediately.

The C4 structure is terrible. This is why Coupes shake and vibrate when the roof is out and is why convertibles have the x-braces and were not available with HD suspensions.

Glad you found out what it was.

Had you put in the first post that you had a Coupe with the roof off, you'd have gotten that answer almost immediately.

The C4 structure is terrible. This is why Coupes shake and vibrate when the roof is out and is why convertibles have the x-braces and were not available with HD suspensions.

Glad you found out what it was.

Thanks for the reply...Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom