Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4LT Dash Problems

Torch Ace

Corvette
2011 Torch Red Convert, 2915 Velocity yellow coup
This is my first post on this forum so bear with me. I have a 2011 4Lt convert that has developed the bubbles in the leather dash in the past few weeks. The car is always garaged and has 28K miles on it. I took it to the Chevrolet dealer last week and they inspected it and gave me an estimate of $3900 to replace the dash. I asked if there was any assistance available from GM so they contacted GM to ask and said it was immediately denied. I called the Chevy zone office and talked to a manager there and he said since it was over 3 years old it was out of warranty and there was no consideration. That is GM policy.

I'm posting to find out if anyone knows the name and address of someone higher up at GM that might give me some assistance with repairing the dash since I've been a loyal Corvette customer for many years. I currently also have a 2015 that I purchased new about 20 months ago. I appreciate any help you can give me or suggestions. Thanks :ugh

First off Welcome to CAC! :w

That is a VERY common complaint on the 4LT cars. I have read lots on the problem and the response you have encountered is pretty common. I hope you find a sympathetic ear, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sorry, but I think your best bet is to just take it to a custom upholsterer and have it fixed. Probably much cheaper in the long run. I think the windshield has to be removed in order to get to the dash completely for the fix.

Thanks for the suggestion. Finding a reputable upholster in the Houston area will be the big problem.

Just wondering what 4LT has to do with bubbles in the dash. I have a 2012 3 LT Grand Sport.

The 4LT option package includes a leather wrapped dash. They are notorious for the leather coming loose and bubbling. Nobody is really saying why. Some say it's because of the sun shining on it causing the adhesive to release, but there are many cases where the cars almost never sit in the sun and have the issue. I think that the adhesive they used to glue the leather down was either, 1. not compatible with the materials (dash base or leather) or 2. just a defective adhesive.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom