Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50th logo on all 03 Corvettes

Re: 2003 vette

way2fast said:
will there be any Lingenfelter corvettes manufactured for the 50 year anniversary, i am looking at a Yellow 2002 C5 Lingenfelter right now on the net, but am interested in 2003, i have a 2002 C5 already, but need the 800 hp from the C5 Lingenfelter

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I haven't heard anything about Lingenfelter producting a version of the 50th.

I think the logo is plastic, right? Pretty cheap I think!~ It should of been stainless or chrome!

I have read a few accounts of the "spiral grey." I can't wait to see it up close. The pic looks pretty nice.

I have always been a fan of the '78 Pace Car and liked the looks of the 50th at the track. However, after reading about problems GM had with '50th gold paint,' I would have preferred a badging treatment that would really set the car apart.

I love the design of the 50th badge, but grey plastic just doesn't do Corvette justice. Just wait, I'm sure there are already after market companies out there in the process of creating gold and silver chrome emblems to fix what GM bogled. Just check page 4-70 of the new Mid America catalog for C4s...gold plated emblems, made of metal. I'm sure someone out there has a C5 catalog, what have you got there?

For some strange reason Corvette production has always had a problem with metallic color paint schemes... I'm talking about metal color looking paint. For example look at the Copper color that was tried in 1994??? The body looked OK, but the flexible paint needed for the front and rear facias didn't match well enough to continue through the model year. Hence the really small number produced, I think it was about 60 something, (somebody will correct me so I'm not worried about accuracy here)I don't have a black book available right now.
vettepilot

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom