Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

53 Corvette #29 (x2?)

No go to get this topic back up and running at Corvette Forum( I tried really, really hard) even with the outcomes proving his car was fake by the state of Florida.

Who wants to send him this link so he can see it in print??

That's OK, there is a new thread over there now about it!

Regards, John McGraw

No go to get this topic back up and running at Corvette Forum( I tried really, really hard) even with the outcomes proving his car was fake by the state of Florida.

Who wants to send him this link so he can see it in print??

There is a link on that forum about the #29 issue being resolved. Looks like no one wants to tell the entire story though.
The car will look pretty close to when it came out of storage for the show in Jan. The body will be raised somewhat to allow inspection of the frame and numbers. :thumb

Corvette Forum #029 Resolution Thread LOCKED

Well, that didn't take very long.....

I sent a MOderator a question if I could put up the end results of the #29 car and was told no. I was closed because of all the other stuff that went on before, they figure if they keep it out of there website, then no harm can come to them I guess??

I sent a MOderator a question if I could put up the end results of the #29 car and was told no. I was closed because of all the other stuff that went on before, they figure if they keep it out of there website, then no harm can come to them I guess??
What harm?

I am shocked at CF's don't care attitude on something as serious as this issue is. How does this help the corvette community? I think he should be banned from all forums and NCRS. :confused

Gary

P.S. I noticed that he is selling a repro 53 valve cover ,maybe he is parting out the repro 53 .:chuckle

I think he should be banned from all forums and NCRS. :confused

Gary

P.S. I noticed that he is selling a repro 53 valve cover ,maybe he is parting out the repro 53 .:chuckle

Amen

From another (not closed!) thread on CF praising "the book":

1954corvair
CF Senior Member

thank you and I am glad you enjoyed it!
Originally Posted by rayvaflav
This is a public offer of thanks to Roger (1954Corvair) on this Forum for his book that I received addressing the differences in early ('53-'55) Corvette assemblies and features. Some really nice information with photos and scans from a host of cars that Roger has observed and studied along with some interesting histories. Pretty wild information on how America's favourite and longest surviving sportscar was hastily and shoddily built (pretty sloppy fibreglass work on the early cars and holes drilled where needed at the time, then later shifted or covered) yet had such a fan base that overlooked the car's shortcomings and encouraged Chevrolet to stick with the concept and improve the car and keep it going as America's Favourite.

Thanks again Roger,
thumbsup.gif

Ray

Thanks for the compliments and I hope it was everything you thought it might be. I found it to be helpful and I will gladly send anyone one that is interested.

me email address is email address deleted - Rob.

As some members know I'm a little slow, but will gladly help anyone building up an early car.
smile5.gif

This is great! Especially the last sentence!:rotfl

I guess before I get banned again I thought I'd copy my reply to that CF RR lovefest thread:

Gotta love the CF.
icon_bs.gif

I think the threads are being closed because some posters can't resist throwing an accusation at the guy in Indiana.

I don't know the whole story, and I suspect most people don't as well.

My feeling is that the guy in Indiana did something wrong, and got caught. The Corvette community is now aware of it. It doesn't need to continue to be rehashed.

To be honest, we have only heard one side of the story.

I posted what I actually found out from the NMVTIS concerning that specific VIN. Those were facts, not accusations.

I did get asked offline where my info came from, and I responded to that inquiry.

I think that the correct outcome was achieved, and we don't need to keep beating this horse.

As far as I know, no one here is responsible for enforcing Indiana laws.

Well, let me just say this: I've heard the other side of the story and in my opinion, there are three sides to this story. The only other side I have not heard is the side of the lady that owns the #029 in Florida.

I really don't feel that it's necessary or appropriate to post the other side of the story here as it was given to me in confidence and I will continue to respect that until I feel that this story has come near an official close.

Based upon the recent events this past week, I'm starting to believe that it is coming to that close, but not quite yet.

Once it does, I am going to sit down and write my own article that will be an exclusive on the Corvette Action Center only. I will not be selling it to a magazine or any other publication because I have no monetary interest in this story.

I do however, have a very sincere interest in this story from the perspective of how it came to be, how it developed, how it ended, and how we as enthusiasts and professionals in the marque/field can learn from this.

From the beginning of this entire debacle, I have done the best I can to remain neutral while continuing to try to get the answers to my questions and put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I agree that cutting down either party or making negative comments or accusations based on hearsay is neither productive or professional. From that perspective I can understand why the Mods at CF choose to close any threads related to that.

However, the problem with doing so is that the story is stifled, and everyone is left wondering what the hell is going on and what's true and what isn't. That's one of the reasons why I chose to leave this thread alone and give those in "the know" a chance to respond and post the information they have.

Anyway....I'm starting to ramble.

Let me end this post by simply saying: if you have not responded to my recent inquiries regarding the developments of this past week, it doesn't bode well and you're leaving me no choice but to lean towards one side over the other.

Brett,

I do have a question for you however: why do you continue to make posts in this thread and then go back and delete them? :confused

Brett,

I do have a question for you however: why do you continue to make posts in this thread and then go back and delete them? :confused

There have been a couple occasions that I post something out of emotion and then wish I hadn't done so. So I simply delete it.

Rob said:
Well, let me just say this: I've heard the other side of the story and in my opinion, there are three sides to this story. The only other side I have not heard is the side of the lady that owns the #029 in Florida.

I really don't feel that it's necessary or appropriate to post the other side of the story here as it was given to me in confidence and I will continue to respect that until I feel that this story has come near an official close.

Based upon the recent events this past week, I'm starting to believe that it is coming to that close, but not quite yet.

Once it does, I am going to sit down and write my own article that will be an exclusive on the Corvette Action Center only. I will not be selling it to a magazine or any other publication because I have no monetary interest in this story.

I do however, have a very sincere interest in this story from the perspective of how it came to be, how it developed, how it ended, and how we as enthusiasts and professionals in the marque/field can learn from this.

I, for one, am looking forward to the article, Rob! :thumb

I'll add some of my own thoughts on the current state of the automotive hobby in general- not just Corvettes.

I'm not passing judgment on this situation- I too am waiting on the epilogue- but I will comment on what I see in the state of the hobby in general.

I think there is NOTHING wrong with creating a "replica", a "tribute car" or a "clone"- provided that vehicle is disclosed as such. As for clones- there are some really nice cars that people have done a fabulous job creating. Clones can be nicer than the original in some cases- but at the end of the day- they are not the original. And that is okay because they highlight the legacy left by the original.

But a replica or knock off passed off as the real thing is fraud- and no amount of words, pictures, and documents can change that.

I feel as though a significant problem exists in the automotive hobby today where folks are either willfully or unknowingly passing a vehicle off as something it is not.

For example, Ebay has had its fair share of unscrupulous folks who trade in misrepresentation over the years. But I think people passing things off as the real deal when they are not is far more prevalent these days. Perhaps with the internet, national exposure, and immense potential for profit people are incentivized to use their talents to do the wrong thing.

Either way- it is a sad day in the hobby when any car is misrepresented for an individual's gain. It is even sadder when the owner of an original is tainted in the process. The automotive hobby is a great way for folks with shared interests to come together- shouldn't be divisive.

Also looking forward to your article Rob.

I believe that the requirement that all states report to NMVTIS will help prevent multiple VIN registrations in the future. However, I suspect that initially there will be some issues to be resolved.

I have been told that there is a 1957 Corvette that is registered in two separate states.

Should be interesting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom