Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

6-speed auto for 1,000 or 4-speed for n/c?

6-speed (w/manual override) for 1,000 or 4-speed for n/c

• 6-speed (w/manual override)

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • 4-speed

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

ricersvette89

Corvette
Any C2/3/4/or early C5 would be fine
Wonder which auto u would have if stick was not an choice.

I'd take the six speed auto over the four speed auto, just like I'd take a six speed manual over the four speed auto - its just more fun!

Steven

cause I like to row, row, row, my own gears, quickly down the steet.

4 speed automatic or pay a thousand dollars more to get a six speed automatic? I'd go for the six speed automatic with its manumatic option.

I'd prefer a DSG dual clutch sequential for 1250 dollars but thats not in the cards yet for GM although I believe thats what audi charges for its speed DSG unit.

Would be cool if GM grabbed the bull by the horn and made this optional for Corvettes...(of course keeping the manual six speed available for diehard stick shift drivers)

Okay i see where this going. But i'm asking IF the stick was not an option. Like the first few Vettes.

aizanvette89 said:
Okay i see where this going. But i'm asking IF the stick was not an option. Like the first few Vettes.

I hear you One,right hand or (left hand for you Brits)on the stick and the left foot on the clutch. (left foot on the clutch for you Brits).

But living SD with wide open roads and very little traffic, a manual is a good choice but If I were to move to a large city I would have to ask is my corvette going to be a daily driver or a weekend toy. If I drove it daily in a big city I would have to go with an automatic.

aizanvette89 said:

Six speed automatic with manumatic function clearly is worth the $1000 over the 4 speed automatic ...IMO

I look foward to the first automobile tests to come to the news stands...

Its supposed to be a very impressive performer

Give Me My 6sp. man. or Give me Death!! :D junk!!

6 Shooter said:
Hey WeirWolf Junk,

That was not the question!
I'm Sorry Shooter!! I don't want no Stink'n Slip-a-matic!!:D junk!!

Neither do I right now . . . but someday we will be older . . . or live in gobs of traffic . . . 6 Speed Paddle would be much better than the old 4 speed auto!

6 Shooter said:
Neither do I right now . . . but someday we will be older . . . or live in gobs of traffic . . . 6 Speed Paddle would be much better than the old 4 speed auto!
I don't mind my 6sp. in City Driven!! I been to Chi town,KC,St Louis, Houston,Dallas,Oki Cty,Hotlanta,Jacksonville,WPB,Ft Lickerdale,Miami,Tampa,PepsiCola,Mobile,N O La.,Knoxville,Memphis,Louieville, I don't mind the 6sp at all!! It's the easyest Standard Shift I ever Drove!!:upthumbs junk!! ps. It Shure as Hell. beat's a Rock Crusher!! Hell I'm Old Now!!

gmjunkie said:
I don't mind my 6sp. in City Driven!! I been to Chi town,KC,St Louis, Houston,Dallas,Oki Cty,Hotlanta,Jacksonville,WPB,Ft Lickerdale,Miami,Tampa,PepsiCola,Mobile,N O La.,Knoxville,Memphis,Louieville, quote]

And that was just last week!!!:w

6 Shooter said:

Or after you guys need hip replacement. :Silly

I had just heard that here in New Jersey there is 1146 people in each square mile. The density of population here in NJ is greater than in Japan.

Might be the reason why many people want to drive automatic six speeds?

Some states in this great country just don't have this type of heavy population...

Not a definite reason to want a manumatic six speed transmission in a vette but rather one of many.

Personally I'd like to see GM manufacture a Corvette with a dual clutch sequential shift technology like Porsche is about to release in its upcoming Twin Turbo 911.

Maybe after its kicking serious butt on the road and the track....More sports car manufacturers will consider this as an option that should be offered...(in addition to the traditional six speed manual to satisfy purists)

I bet the manumatic six speed kicks serious Butt on other brands of sports cars on the street.

Congratulations to those who own or order one of these fine corvettes.

JBsC5 said:
I had just heard that here in New Jersey there is 1146 people in each square mile. The density of population here in NJ is greater than in Japan.

Might be the reason why many people want to drive automatic six speeds?

Some states in this great country just don't have this type of heavy population...
Right But in the Winter 1/2 NJ,NY,Conn,Pa. and at Least 1/8 of Canada are in South Fla!! Go Down there and Play What's My Lane!!;LOL junk!!

6-speed AUTO...

Bill.

Even in Florida i prefer 6sp manual. I always felt automatic was for old women and sissys.oh oh did i just say something that might offend someone?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom