Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

64 GS went for $33k on BJ

Would you pay more than $33k for the 64 GS?

• YES

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • NO

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Tuesday night a '64 GS went for $33k. Would you have paid more for it or less?

Vote!!!!

don't know the car you are talking about, but unless it was a poorly done job I don't think you could build on for that price. I have always wanted to build a GS clone, but don't have the time or money.;LOL

Tuesday night a '64 GS went for $33k. Would you have paid more for it or less?

Vote!!!!

I have not seen anything go high, seams like all bargins.

I am up waiting to see lot number 102 I think its my deceased father inn laws lincoln I have never seen one with the same colors before.

As for the GS you cant build one for the price that went for

it would all depend on the condition...

I would have had to pay less since I don't have that kind of money just sitting around. ;)

I've always thought it would be cool to have a Grand Sport. Since there were only a few originals built, I'd have to build it or buy a replica. I don't think I could build one for 33K. Tonight's car seemed like a deal but it's really hard to say without seeing the quality and condition of the car in person.

THe kit was good looking but had a few stress cracks in the fiberglass, the engine was a no special deal 350, and it did not have the clear lens for the head lights. All in all I stilll thought the buyer got a deal.

Yeah, the close up show a lot of cracks in the fiber especially in the rear deck area near the fuel filler cap. For $33K though, I don't think you can go wrong.

I just looked at all the vettes that went off and I think most of them sold for less than what I thought they'd go for,especially the steel bumper big blocks.
But the Mopars and the older fords did very well..
I agree w/ IH2LOSE,, Lots of bargains...

We watched a little of it when one of those Mopar Hemi Clones went across I said how all you have to do with an old mopar is to put a hemi in it and it will bring big bucks.
my Wife said put a hemi in your 68 and sell it ;LOL

That car was more of a "custom" than a Grand Sport, which is why it died on the block; had it been done on a tube frame and trimmed/finished authentically, it would have brought a lot more. Bidders viewed it as a modified custom, not as a Grand Sport replica.

:beer

I went to BJ for the first time this year and I had a great time. I looked at the 64 discussed here and I think the price paid was very good. I figured it would sell for $50k or more, considering the prices at BJ are often on the high side. I went to just see the show with no plans on buying this year. I did see some cars that sold for what I considered very fair prices. Early in the week during the day some of the cars sold for very fair prices. I watched a 70 SS 396 Chevelle sell for around $29k. It was a very nice, numbers matching and 4 speed car. If I had been registered as a buyer I would have considered bidding. I will go back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom