Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

64 steering wheel hub

64 Shawn

Hello everyone.. I am new to this board (but not new to corvettes!) I have a quick question for the experts here.

In a nutshell, I bought my 64 convertible in 1988 and have been tinkering with it ever since! The car came with an aftermarket Grant wheel. Over time the column bearings went to pots. In the process of rebuilding the column I elected to purchase a reproduction wood wheel and all of the horn components. Since I had a grand HUB I needed to purchase the hub too.

I found all of the parts at Doc Rebuild except the hub. Corvette central had the hub so I ordered it. Here's the problem. There is no way to bolt the turn signal cancelling cam to the hub they sent me - Assuming it was the wrong hub, I returned it and had them send me another one - they sent the same part back to me...

My question is this, I am assuming from illustrations I have seen that this hub is for a 67 or 68. There is a "cone" on the inside that looks to me like it should be flat. If I try to assemble this, I have a 1/2' gap between the hub and the turnsignal housing.

I have pictures of the hub I can e-mail to anyone as well as the cancel cam. Since I have never had the original hub I don't know what I am looking for but I do know that if the turn signal cancel cam I have is correct then the hub must be wrong.

On the inside of the hub in that "cone" there is a flat cast and machined that to me looks like it holds and "keys" the cancel cam to attach it and make it rotate..

Thanks in advance for your help!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom