Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 65 blinker issue

Tin36man

Corvette
1965 stingray convertable
Hello I'm new to this site. Any advice would be appreciated. I acquired a 65 stingray convertible. It is a running car. I found melted wires under the dash and under the hood. I replaced the dash wiring harness and wiring harness under the hood also. I replaced dash lights (all lights) with LED bulbs and installed electronic blinker solenoid. When I turn the blinkers on, either right or left, both blinkers come on and blink at the same time. Everything works except the blinkers. Does anyone have an idea what it might be or where I should start to look?

sounds like a GROUND problem that you need to trace

Hello I'm new to this site. Any advice would be appreciated. I acquired a 65 stingray convertible. It is a running car. I found melted wires under the dash and under the hood. I replaced the dash wiring harness and wiring harness under the hood also. I replaced dash lights (all lights) with LED bulbs and installed electronic blinker solenoid. When I turn the blinkers on, either right or left, both blinkers come on and blink at the same time. Everything works except the blinkers. Does anyone have an idea what it might be or where I should start to look?

Check for melted wires at the rear of the car, all socket grounds as already suggested, check to make sure that all the stop light and turn signal bulbs are correct. The 4 way flasher switch isn't on is it and the 4 ways don't work?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom