Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

66 door panel

Ronald

Corvette
66 Coupe
I bought a set of Al Knoch door panels and am surprise that the hole for the window winder is not cut out. Is this normal? Also, there is no indent there. Is that normal?

My guess is that the door panel can be used for manual as well as electric lift applications. Not owning a 66, I'm not sure what you are referring to the "indent". If you are talking about the marking location of where the window crank belongs, I think that you could assume the same as before.

My guess is that the door panel can be used for manual as well as electric lift applications. Not owning a 66, I'm not sure what you are referring to the "indent". If you are talking about the marking location of where the window crank belongs, I think that you could assume the same as before.

I'm referring to a bit of a recess in the door molding -a circle about the size of the base of the door winder handle. It is where the metal piece with the 3 prongs fits into before the door handle goes on.

Mine is manual window.

Oh, that's right, the 65-67 door panels were a molded design weren't they? I had a 64 way back when and they were not a molded style panel. Sorry, for sticking my nose into this discussion ( I'm embarrassed).

I'm just going from memory, so you need to check this out. But, as I remember there are two different door panels used on the '65-'67 Corvettes, one made for power windows and one without power windows.

Sounds to me like you've got the one for power windows, may want to check with the supplier before you do any cutting!!

:)

I'm just going from memory, so you need to check this out. But, as I remember there are two different door panels used on the '65-'67 Corvettes, one made for power windows and one without power windows.

Sounds to me like you've got the one for power windows, may want to check with the supplier before you do any cutting!!

:)
OOPS I just cut, drilled a hole in the wrong spot :ugh... just kidding :rotfl.
I have sent a msg. to Al Knoch. Hope to hear back soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom