Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

66 Harness Question

srthom13

Corvette
1966 - 427/425 - Black Coupe
I decided to clean the under the hood part of the harness where it connects to the fuse box at the firewall. I removed the plastic connector from the firewall and started cleaning the individual metal connectors inside the plastic . As luck would have it I broke one of the individual metal connectors. Are these individual metal connectors available to purchase separately Thanks, Steve

Most of the repro harness manufacturers won't sell individual detail parts, but I think this one will - try:

Eagle Wire Products
3308 Valley Forge Dr
Knoxville, TN 37920
910-621-4327

:beer

John, Thanks, however , I tried that number 910-621-4327 and all I get is the high /low tones. Maybe it is and old number. Steve

Junk yards. All the 60s Chevy harnesses used that contact. The 62 full sized Chevy used the same fuse box l(fuses abeled differently), harness connectors, and plugs. If you email your address to me, I'll remove a used one from my spare old plug and send it to you.

Dave, I sent you a email today with the info. Thanks, Steve

Here's the outcome:
I mailed a couple of contacts with an inch of wire in them to Steve.

My thought is, even if the plastic holder for the metal contacts can't hold the contact, you can solder a new contact in place of the old one, making sure that the wire gets a little longer or at least stays the same length. Connect the plastic holder with the remaining contacts to the receptacle in the "firewall", then push the wire with the newly added contact through the hole in the holder and into its mating receptacle contact and add a dab of silicone caulk or 3M strip caulk before rewrapping the harness at the plug.

If anyone else needs contacts, email me

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom