Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

68 Vert Project

bossvette

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1968 1997
spent the weekend working on my 68 Vert replaced and aimed the headlights. Put the TT2's from the 76 on; Put in new gabriel shocks I bought on Ebay all 4 for less the the price one KYB since I plan on putting in the VB&P suspension in the future I couldn't see spending money on good ones.
Played around with the shifter, it sticks in reverse so I sprayed it real good with PB Blaster and tried to adjust it. It doesn't stick as bad as before but is not perfect. If anyone knows the procedure for adjusting the shifter please post it.
and once again it is not going to be a real issue since the TKO from the 76 will find a new home in here.
Now for the interesting part my 68 is a 4-speed and has a removable trans crossmember so the question is did it start life as a auto or did all 68's have removable crossmembers?
The rear body mounts are aluminum and not rubber, was this done because a PO could not find body mounts or was it done to stiffen it up for auto-cross or club racing?
The origional color was white and the rear gear is either a 3:70 or 4:11
As my plan is to drive it locally for a year or two as is about the only thing left to do so I can drive it is to get the windshield wipers working and I don't really need them as I don't plan on driving this in the rain, I have a C5 for that.:D

Are you going to freshen up the 383 in the '76 for the '68 too? I would guess that the solid body mounts were for stiffening things up for handling. A 4 point roll bar that would clear the soft top frame would be a nice addition also. I can't answer your question on the crossmember. Is your TKO a 1:1 fifth or an overdrive?

BTW Unless you're in with the weather man I'd at least get some Rain X on that windshield. :L

Are you going to freshen up the 383 in the '76 for the '68 too? I would guess that the solid body mounts were for stiffening things up for handling. A 4 point roll bar that would clear the soft top frame would be a nice addition also. I can't answer your question on the crossmember. Is your TKO a 1:1 fifth or an overdrive?

BTW Unless you're in with the weather man I'd at least get some Rain X on that windshield. :L

I have all the parts for a new 383 except the heads and intake, Brodix has a new IK 200 I have my eyes on and I plan on using the Holley Stealth ram like I said it a future project and may be done in stages. the TKO has a .68 OD all TKO's are OD, mine is just an old one (1999) without the offset shifter and I will probably keep it that way the B&M ripper in it is like just flipping your wrist to shift.

Vert top done

the top was installed this week and is finally done
DSC03637a.jpg

DSC03638a.jpg

DSC03636a.jpg

That looks like a perfect fit on the top. Nice job. It also looks like you swiped the TTIIs off of the '76. :D David was over the other day with his new '64. We need to get together again.

Tom

That looks like a perfect fit on the top. Nice job. It also looks like you swiped the TTIIs off of the '76. :D David was over the other day with his new '64. We need to get together again.

Tom

If I ever get my barn cleaned out I'll host a BBQ some weekend, I had a overhead door put on the back where the slider is and its keeping all but 2 small birds out they are getting in under the eves I need to put some flashing over few spots and I'll be bird free.:upthumbs

very sweet looking,Craig!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom