Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

70 Lt-1

70-LT-1

I have a 70 LT-1 that I am going to restore I need to know what changes can I make without modifing it too much. I want to make the car as stock as possible. It is original. It has been seytting in storage for 22 years. It is not in bad shape but I have a lot of work to do.:confused

Modifications

What type of modifications are you wanting to make?

I am restoring my 72 LT-1 and I am going to be adding some options that didn't originally come with the car, I have been told by a few vette owners that as long as its fairly easy to go back to original the options added would be worth just slightly less than if they were original....I mean they WERE added on at the factory!? sounds reasonable to me.

I am planning on adding tilt-tele and power windows to mine,
it came with power teering and power brakes....just a little more convient

options are a funny thing, they didn't cost very much back in the day but adding them now is rather expensive...the one option that i would not add is A/C especially on a 70 LT-1.

good luck
Gus

webmaster for the
www.lt-1registry.com

Options

I would like to add tilt wheel and power brakes. It has factory power steering. I might like to add power windows. I have a lot of work to do. My car has been sitting in an old garage for 22 years. The body is in good shape but the interior needs replaced and the mechanics will have to be gone through but I am looking forward to rebuilding my car.

Does it have the original engine? Is it fully documented? Mine is a 1970 NOM that sat for 24 years and is now on the road. I will not do an NCRS restoration, but rather a resurrection. The body, chassis, and interior will be bone stock. The engine will be built to spec but modern cam, headers, ignition (distibutor and wires), original ignition shielding, but not spark plug heat shields, no AIR system, and black/silver paint scheme.

It is possible to build a numbers matching 1970 LT-1 engine from scratch with the right amount of money, including restamping the engine pad. Therefore, I would recommend (this after countless converstaiojns with NCRS folk and LT-1 owners) only modding the engine. While it will sell for $10k less than a full NCRS car, it can be remade to a full NCRS later. Mods to the mody, chassis, and interior will much more drastically reduce the price of the car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom