Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

71 hardtop rear window

MADLT1

Corvette
lt1 71 brans hatch green convertible
;helphi all,i need a rear window for my hard top,were would be the cheapest place to get one?

i tried glassworks,here is the reply
Hello Glenn,

I'm sorry to hear about your back glass, but I'm afraid I have more bad news. Only one person was known to have the molds required to reproduce that glass, we always got our raw glass from him. He decided he wasn't selling enough of them...so he threw away the mold and recycled the windows already made from it. Foolish and crazy, but true nonetheless. (I'll strangle him for you.)
If/when that glass is reproduced, I'll contact you. We may undertake it ourselves someday...

Sincerely,
Joe Chernay
Glassworks

Sir: I have a used one. It has a small scratch which is why I replaced it, Just easer for me. The replacement was quite a bit and this was a few years ago. Anyway if you can find a way to get it home, (Sorry too much effort to ship) 100 will take it, Australian or US. I Appreciate the pain. George
:beer

george this is fantastic news,i will take it for a hundred plus postage,just wrap it in bubble wrap plastic mark it fragile emial me the cost,i will send money too easy.my emial is gma21109@bigpond.net.au :upthumbs

Sorry I will not do the shipping. Simpily too much work. The glass is in the garage. If you can get it some how. George

Sorry I will not do the shipping. Simpily too much work. The glass is in the garage. If you can get it some how. George
????????? Too much work????
Why did you even respond in the first place?

For two reasions, First I know that they are not easy to come by and second he may know someone in or from time to time come to Southern California. I travel a great deal and am not in a position to ship something as large and fragle as a back light half way around the world in a timely manner. George.

I was able to get a replacement windshield from a company called OEM Glass, Inc.

OEM Glass is located in Chenoa, Illinois and were "...originally conceived as a source for the Corvette market in supplying reproduction auto glass with original LOF markings and date codes..." so perhaps they will also have rear glass you need.

OEM Glass did an EXCELLENT job with my windshield replacement.

You can call them at (800) 283-2122. They also have a website: http://www.oemglass.net

Hope this helps...

Ralph

i dont think i will be flying to america from here in AUSTRALIA to soon!!!!but if i ever get over that way,i might look you up?

I was able to get a replacement windshield from a company called OEM Glass, Inc.

OEM Glass is located in Chenoa, Illinois and were "...originally conceived as a source for the Corvette market in supplying reproduction auto glass with original LOF markings and date codes..." so perhaps they will also have rear glass you need.

OEM Glass did an EXCELLENT job with my windshield replacement.

You can call them at (800) 283-2122. They also have a website: http://www.oemglass.net

Hope this helps...

Ralph
thanks mate ,i will get in touch shortly and post how i went,or go,you know what i mean.:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom