Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

72 windshield frame

bobfil

Corvette
1972 convertible
I have a 72 corvette with a windshield frame that is rusted through near passenger top corner.Would also like to replace body channels on both sides, car has mild steel strips over rusted body channels screwed and bolted on,frame is restored but original owner over looked the channels.My question is are the steel strips strong enough, and should I just weld patch on winshield frame or go with whole good used windshield frame with pillar post and body channels? Any help appreciated Bob.

If you could post some pictures it would help. I can't help with the winshield frame as mine was good. What does the #2 and 3 body mounts look like? Two is behind the kick panel 3 is in front of the rear wheel you will see a plate with 4 screws. I ask about the body mount because it ties in with the rocker channels. This will tell you a whole lot more about the condition of the bird cage and what you will have to repair.

I had rusty windshield frames and repaired them by welding in new steel plates. I think they came out really good. before and after attached.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom