Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

73 A/C VIR Adjustment

RMS73

Corvette
73 Dark Blue L-82
I just read a one year old post about A/C systems on this forum. In the post it is mentioned about adjusting the POA valve to lower the evaporator temperature. In the 73's the POA valve is mounted inside the VIR and not readily accessable. Can this POA valve be adjusted for a lower evaporator temperature like the stand lone units. If so how/
Roger

I just read a one year old post about A/C systems on this forum. In the post it is mentioned about adjusting the POA valve to lower the evaporator temperature. In the 73's the POA valve is mounted inside the VIR and not readily accessable. Can this POA valve be adjusted for a lower evaporator temperature like the stand lone units. If so how/
Roger
Yes they are adjustable,Just not as easy as adjusting a low pressure switch!!:L:L:L

These destructions are for adjusting to retrofit to 134,but should have the info you want!:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

:thumb :D

So should I turn the POA valve a 1/4 turn. I currently have 30 psig on the low pressure side. I am using Freeze12 as the refrigerant. It looks like each time I need to adjust the POA valve I need to 'drain' the system, evacuate and then then refill. What a pain and it may become expensive.
Thanks for your help.
Roger

So should I turn the POA valve a 1/4 turn. I currently have 30 psig on the low pressure side. I am using Freeze12 as the refrigerant. It looks like each time I need to adjust the POA valve I need to 'drain' the system, evacuate and then then refill. What a pain and it may become expensive.
Thanks for your help.
Roger
Freeze 12 has almost the exact same characteristics as R134a!! I'd say counterclockwise 1/4 turn plus a frog hair,that should put you at about 25 lb which would be Good!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom