Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

73 seat belt help

eastnder

Corvette
1967 blue coupe, 1973drk. blue coupe
Hi everyone, belated happy fathers day. I took the seats and carpet out of my 73 a few months back and am brain dead as to how the carpet trims around the plastic cover for the seat belts under the seats. Is it seat belt, plastic cover, then carpet or carpet seatbelt then cover? I have an assembly manual but It's not very clear. If anyone has a picture that would be great! Also, anyone know where you can buy the plastic cover that fits over the seat belt assembly under the seat. I've looked in several supply catalogues but don't see any? Thanks for any help,
Jim

Jim, I replaced the carpet last year on my 73. the order was seat belt, plastic cover, then carpet. As trying to find the plastic cover I found a covette junkyard that had the one I needed. "Just Corvettes" (800)947-6060. After I cleaned the carpet fibers and WD-40'd the heck out of the belt assembly, now they both great.
Good luck!

Thanks red 73BB. I kind of thought that was the order. One more question, Does the carpet get trimmed around the dome of the plastic piece or does the carpet just cover it? Thanks again,
Jim

Carpet covers the the plastic peice. BTW I installed a heat barrier first, it made a big difference in the amount of heat coming though the floor. The only problem was the seat bolts weren't long enought with the extra padding. I bought longer bolts.
Gary

Seat Belt for 73

My shoulder harness on the driver's side is total jammed up - trying to use WD-40 every night and see if that works after a few days...nothing yet...

If you need images of the 73 or I can help, let me know...

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. If you could send me a picture of where the seat belt comes out from under the plastic cover by the rocker panel, that would help me alot. I don't see any glue on the plastic piece so I'm guessing that the carpet just lays on that plastic piece by the rocker panels? Thanks again.
Jim

Jim,

Here's an image for you - hope it helps! My car is really cleaner than it looks... :)

I have an image that's 1 meg...too big for here....I'll have to reduce to comply with the forum...

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. We have the same color interior. I'm really looking for a picture of where the lap belt comes out from under the floor next to the seat. Thanks again for your help.
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom