Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

74 rear deck drain ??

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
i have them in my 73...

if you look under the wheel well...rear...you will see where they have a hole for this to connect from the deck grills to the drain outlet....mine had debris in them but they were in good shape so i reinstalled them.

vettedude73 is correct.

Also from inside the car if you reach back and feel around near the vents you will feel the rubber tubes. The run horizontally.

Mine are all torn up, and I am getting ready to replace them, as they cause water to leak into the car.

-Gooney0

thanks--

thanks for the advice-- took the grills out to clean and couldn't see/feel holes-- maybe they were covered somehow when car was re-painted before I bought it . . . sure is a pain to take the grills out every time I wash the car . . .

as an aside, has anyone chromed both the rear deck grills and cowl induction grill?? I understood that some "pot metals" wouldn't take chrome plating well - - and guesses on cost ??
thanks again-
CQRT
AZ

I have seen these grills chromed and have seen them offered for sale on Ebay and at swap meets. So they can be chromed if that is the look you want.

Check out the ends of the plenium up under the rear deck. You should find these drains extending through the carpet to the wheel wells. If your rear plrnium is holding the water they are either plugged with debris or someone decided to glass them over. They were there when the car was built.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom