Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

75 Convertible Body Drop

emf1367

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Coupe
The time is here to drop the body on the chassis. Does anyone know if the radiator and its support need to be attached to the body or the frame prior to the drop? I have a photo from the factory showing the shroud around the fan but I dont see the radiator or support attached to the frame. The photo isn't really clear but it appears the radiator might be attached to the body as it is being dropped.

Any other advice would be helpful too.

Up to you I suppose. Radiators, radiator supports, and shrouds were installed in the body before body drop at St. Louis.
:)

emf1367 said:
The time is here to drop the body on the chassis. Does anyone know if the radiator and its support need to be attached to the body or the frame prior to the drop? I have a photo from the factory showing the shroud around the fan but I dont see the radiator or support attached to the frame. The photo isn't really clear but it appears the radiator might be attached to the body as it is being dropped.

Any other advice would be helpful too.

I'm not sure on the 75 but the shroud on my 71 is a pain to put in due to A arm clearance. I'm going with electric fans so all I'll I have on the body is the radiator support and the cross member below it. This will make it quicker to bolt to the frame for me when I drop it.

Be careful though the front end has a lot of flex. Any extra weight up front should be supported when you lift it by a friendly helper who can pay attention.

If it were me I'd have at least the radiator support installed. If you have the radiator and shroud installed too be sure to put something flat on the radiator to protect the fins. I'm not sure if a sheet of cardboard is enough protectoin but something like that would be good to avoid denting the fins.

Good luck with the drop.

Whiplash

Hey emf1367,

I've had to remove and reinstall my radiator a couple times now (the 2nd time due to recent cam replacement). I would think ours our similar.

I found it best to install with the core support and shroud connected --- as well as the lower radiator hose. I also disconnected the hood hinges as these get in the way.

For the first radiator reinstallation, my son and I used our cherry picker to assist as we guided it in. I was actually able to reinstall the radiator by myself the second time around.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom