Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

75 Vette body lift question

Mike-NJ

New here to the CAC. Bought a 75 this summer, a real basket case: hairy fiberglass, ferrous oxide for a motor, no bumpers. Anyway, I am in the process of separating the body and frame. Just learned the hard way about the seat belt mounts.... None of the checklists I have found on line mentions anything about the tranny(I have the automatic) except for the shifter knob. Is there something I need to disconnect from the transmission? Any advice would be appreciated.

Shifter selector cables, speedometer cable, and kick down cable. Ground straps rear located on the frame drivers side above muffler and one on the frame in front on drivers side under master cylinder. Starter connections, alternator connections and distributor connections. Battery connections to the starter and the frame. Radiator support frame to the fender wells. Heater hoses. Transmission cooling lines and radiator hoses can stay connect if the radiator stays with the frame and engine.

At lift off go a couple inches at a time and look it see if anything in still connected. After a foot all should be clear.

Thanks for the help. I got her separated. Strange thing. There was a short cable bolted to the frame and body, near the emergency brake cable. Not sure the purpose of it.

Thanks for the help. I got her separated. Strange thing. There was a short cable bolted to the frame and body, near the emergency brake cable. Not sure the purpose of it.
Success, I love it. It probably was a ground cable, grounding the console.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom