Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 77 cruise control WORKS....

77coolvett

Corvette
1977 corvette white
Can anyone help? I am looking for a cruise servo for a 77. (One year only). Or has anyone found a way to modify a different year servo to the 77?

heve you checked any of the corvette parts suppliers???

Yes, its not reproduced by anyone because it is a one year only thing. I have called every corvette junk yard in the US and Canada that I could find, even the one times one was located it was junk and the rubber was torn or missing, clearly wont hold vacuum, I have been after this for two years as well as a GOOD cruise cable, (servo to carb).

any possibility you can rebuild it??? It may be your only option...

Have you looked at camaros and impalas for something that will work?

Have you looked at camaros and impalas for something that will work?
Yes I have, this is a corvette one year only part. All the other gm line up uses a different style that mounts to the back of the carb.

Yes I have, this is a corvette one year only part. All the other gm line up uses a different style that mounts to the back of the carb.
Unfortunately you may have to “update” to that style. I had worked for Buick back then and I could have sworn that style was used on something else. Maybe even vans? But I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

Unfortunately you may have to “update” to that style. I had worked for Buick back then and I could have sworn that style was used on something else. Maybe even vans? But I guess I was wrong. Sorry.
I appreciate any and all ideas. I have been researching this for 2 years now. I can fabricate something but I'm trying to keep it original if possible.

After many hours of searching, found my cable and servo. Installed, adjusted and took the transducer completely apart cleaned and lubed reassembled and walllla it works great, holds the exact speed I set it at. Finally the last piece of the puzzle. Found a Nos servo so hopefully many years of working trouble free. Well we'll see. But it works for now....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom