Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

77 Power Windows

I

intex99

Hello everyone!!
I am new to owning Vettes.I just went wild and now have 2 of them.1980 and a 77 as well.I got them both off the internet and the 80 is a real project.The 77 I just got 2 wks ago and needs alittle more work but not bad right now.I got to tell you I am having a blast just messing with them as haven't even really had them out for any trips yet.The 80 seems to be a real headturner.
Now for the question:
I had the power windows working fine last Saturday but come Sunday I did some work on the Center gauge panel as bulbs were out ect and installed an aftermarket radio.I put it all together and now I have no power at all going to the window switches.I seem to have power in all the fuses as test light shows power on both sides but no power in the red cable going to switch.Anyone out there have any ideas on where I can go from here.Could it be a blown relay somewhere and if so where??All my other electrical seems to be working fine!
As I'm new to this I'm not sure where to go to get any replies from this forum so if you could email me at intex99@swbell.net that would be great.
Thanks alot,Tim

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I'm going to move your thread into the 1968-1982 Tech. Forum for greater exposure. :)

Tim,
Welcome aboard ;)

This may sound dumb, I don't mean it to be..

When you check for power to the window switch in the console, make sure the ign. switch is on. You should have power from the hot side of the switch to ground. If not check your radio wiring, if it worked before you installed the radio, chances are something got bumped or cut in the process.

If you have power at this point and the switch works, then you will need to go to the window motor and check for power. Good Luck

power windows

Thanks for the quick reply Rare81!!
Yes I did have the key in the on position but it didn't work.I had checked for power at the window motor and none there either.I will recheck my wiring from the radio install to see if anything is loose or broken.I had also taken out the door lock and reinstalled it and that had wiring onit as well but didn't see any broken wires there.
I'll let you know if I find anything!
I just want to tell everyone here that I think this forum is great!I have been reading it for awhile now but didn't have a Vette so never had any questions but think its great of everyone to lend a hand to help out a fellow Vette owner.
Thanks everyone!!
Tim

The power window switches are in the center console and are easy to impact if you removed the center console. With the ignition switch on and using a test light did you have power coming into the switch?

Bob

Tim,

Congrats on the two new to you Vettes. Nothing like a pair of sharks in the driveway to get your motor running!

Hurry up and get those windows fixed so you can join us at Shark Fest in Bowling Green this year.

Good luck.

(I sent you a e-mail reply to the window question. Let us know how it turns out)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom