Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

78 Power Antenna

Steveo1955

Corvette
1978-Silver Anniversary Model
Looking for Delco, Power Antenna for 78 Vette. Eckler's has replacement's that fit anything & nothing,..takes more rigging than it's worth. I've tried Corvette America / Corvette Central,...and no go!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to stick to original equipment. Thanks!!

You may have a hard time with this as I believe this is no longer manufactured. Have you tried Ebay, Dr. Rebuild, Paragon, Junk Yards, etc.?

Do you currently have an original but non working unit? They can be repaired.
I DO have 2 78-early79 antennas. A NOS unit in the box and a used but nice working one originally out of a Cadillac(protected trunk mounted) but now bracketed for a Corvette. Used one shows slight wear on the chrome masts, $125. NOS one is obviously perfect, $325. Either one, even the NOS one, will get a NEW nylon leader upon sale. This is the part that always breaks. Not only wear and tear but AGE (NOS one is 25 years old) takes a toll on em.

Is There a place to send these antenna's to get them repaired?? I would really like to keep it original.Worked fine up until 2 weeks ago. Have absolutely no interest in a universal one,...so If there's a place that repairs them,.....I'll try that,....and keep in mind your offer's,...which I really do appreciate,.....and could eventually end up down that road anyways! Somehow I thought this would be a bit easier than it's been.

Can you hear the motor run? The most common problem with them is the mast getting stuck, which is caused by the nylon leader breaking. That's what raises and lowers it. That's why I replace it even in a NOS antenna.
How many miles on the Vette? Is the antenna in good shape visually? It's really an easy fix. The part is about $16-$30 depending on where you get it. Still can get it over the counter at your local GM parts dealer. Have to order ir tho. Part no.22038195 or 97 with CB.
If you're not sure about repairing it yourself, ship it my way. I'll replace the nylon leader for the cost of the part and shipping.
I've repaired at least 20 of these over the years, including all 4 of my own!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom