Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"79" Exhaust Hangers

JohnnyJ

Just installed a standard exhaust on my "79" from the "Y" pipe on back. Very difficult to get the pipes up high as they were originally. Has anyone seen hangers that mount over the top of the spring center plate, and drops down to attach to the 2 pipes?? The originals were tack welded, and I think that's what held them up a little higher. I have them held up high as I want them, but I needed to use heavy wire.

When I initially converted to true duals I was in a similar situation, as the pipes that were stock had welded hangers on them, and has I had already run the pipes I didnt want to take them out and weld on hangers. So I found these handy little items.

They come in several different sizes, and the metal hanger is fully adjustable, which you can then screw back in where the factory mounts orinially went.

Bill

Thanks Bill,
Sounds good to me. I'll takle a look at the local auto parts place later today.

John

Informatiom only!!

There is an easy way to add a universal exhaust hanger. There is clearance for the bracket to be installed where the cross over spring is bolted on in the center of the car. You can unscrew the bolt and insert the universal exhaust hanger, which which will allow you to pull up the exhaust for extra clearance. All you need to do is open the hole in the hanger bracket. It works!! John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom