Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 Power Seat Question

G

GCA81

Hi, .. Just acquired a nice 81. The power seat was only working intermittently and now no longer works at all. Not even a click when using buttons. Any suggestions from past experiences? The seat is stuck in a position too far forward which is making for a tight ride. Thanks in advance for any suggestions ...

Glenn

Reach under the back of the seat and wiggle the wires around then try it, over time they may get a bad connection. Just get your arm out before you hit the buttons.

Glenn,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. If you haven't already done so, check out the L81 Vette Registry which is dedicated to the 1981 Corvette: http://www.l81vetteregistry.com

Moving the wires worked ...

Moving the wires did the trick ...
Got the seat moved back and much nicer with room to move ...
Thanks again for the suggestion ....

power seat

I had the same problem with my 82. I moved the seat into the highest position and when I tried to move it back down, nothing. None of the switches would move it at all. I tried jiggling wires, etc., but still nothing. One day about a week later I tried again and the switches were working again. Same with my power mirror. Freaky wiring!

check the wiring within the plug itself...

Similar situation on my '82.
I even bought a 2 used power seat tracks off ebay and they did not work either. While the plugs seem secure visually from the outside, found out one of the two wires inside the black socket had pull away and was not making contact by 1/8 inch with the other socket when plugged in. After discovering the wire, I pushed it through and electrical taped it to death. Then took a few tie downs and made sure every plug was secured as the seats movement can pull or tug on the sockets and pull the wiring on the harness.

If any one wants to purchase a working seat track for a 78-82, let me know. Got 2 extras now! :)

-only for the handicapped...

-Hey, --what are you young squirts doing with "Power-seats" anyway, --those are for the foke who like to hang the "I fell down and can't get-up"-placards from their interior-mirrors; --and do you realize how much those damn contraptions weigh? -you're luggin-around another 100-lb anchor for cripes-sake, get with the program and lighten'up.... ;-)
~Bob vH :SLAP :dance ;shrug

Scott: -Ha, --you're quite interesting i'me sure, and definately in the right territory for the "hunting of liberal Trools", fortunately many of'em have such inbred-genetics their bad-eyesight caused them to vote for--- "ol'Bombardier Bush", ---and yes we found evidence of "weapons of mass-distruction", --er, it was us as usual (ie: -according to Gen.Chas.Lindbergh ww2-Germany where we inanely bombed and killed millions of the good-guys who were desperately trying to get rid of Communism, --which we thus perpetuated another half-century !!!)... B.vH

Had the same problem in my 82. Found out that the blade connectors for power were corroded inderneath the console side panel. Might want to pull the seat out, trace the lins and make sure all connections are clean

getting political is there some sort of rules on this forum about political crap . if i want to hear it i tune in to

:mad
-Hey, --what are you young squirts doing with "Power-seats" anyway, --those are for the foke who like to hang the "I fell down and can't get-up"-placards from their interior-mirrors; --and do you realize how much those damn contraptions weigh? -you're luggin-around another 100-lb anchor for cripes-sake, get with the program and lighten'up.... ;-)
~Bob vH :SLAP :dance ;shrug

Scott: -Ha, --you're quite interesting i'me sure, and definately in the right territory for the "hunting of liberal Trools", fortunately many of'em have such inbred-genetics their bad-eyesight caused them to vote for--- "ol'Bombardier Bush", ---and yes we found evidence of "weapons of mass-distruction", --er, it was us as usual (ie: -according to Gen.Chas.Lindbergh ww2-Germany where we inanely bombed and killed millions of the good-guys who were desperately trying to get rid of Communism, --which we thus perpetuated another half-century !!!)... B.vH

welcome to CAC!!!!

you realize this thread is from12 years age???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom