Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 corvette

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
hi all I have a 82 vette and was wondering if anyone knows did chevy make any a convertible and possibly how many have been known to be converted like mine also is the crossfire motor basically a L-82 with crossfire injection

Hi,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. The last year for the Corvette convertible was 1975. It didn't reappear until 1986. There were no 1982 Corvette convertibles manufactured. However, there are some customized 82 Corvettes that were converted into convertibles. I believe there is a company out in California that did this for a while. I'm not sure if they're still in business or not.

rob

I converted my corvette using a factory 74 rear convertible clip a 71 hard top and a 75 soft-top

Very cool! If you get a chance, post a picture of it. I've seen other '80-'82 models converted to convertibles and they really look sharp.

Very :cool and welcome to the CAC! I've only seen pictures of 82 conversions - hope to see one in real life. Do you attend Carlisle or any other major Vette events?

-Guy

The specs of the L83 engine are:

Block:
L82 (464664) forged flat top (TRW) pistons
X rods
Cast crank
2 bolt mains
1.94 & 1.5 valves
Open chamber design (no quench)
straight plugs
Lobe Center Angle 115
Intake centerline 126
Intake duration 202
Exaust duration 206
Intake lift 0.403
Exhaust lift 0.415

Marck

Whoa!!!

Twinnie,

Now THAT is one radical serious business engine!!!! :D Do you have any idea of estimated Dyno hp or torque numbers? Please post more pictures once it is installed. This I gotta see!

Good luck.......... Nut

Hey Nut,

I haven't finished the engine, that's a mockup to see if everything fits and to fab some more stuff (like alternator barckets, more oil lines, accu sumps and so on)

You can see there's plastic foil around the (bare) engine block.

I'm hoping to get it dynoed after I have it finished. Installation will take some time though, my car currently looks like this:

frame1.jpg

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom