Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 Crossfire not getting any fuel

M

mbpsycho

Used to start now it just Turns over , not getting any fuel , had aftermarket alarm , remove it , Any one know where fuel relay is ..............Thanks

Behind the drivers seat above the ECM in the battery storage compartment. Tough spot to get to but can be done.

One interesting thing about the 82's is that the fuel pump will turn on with the key at startup, but needs a signal from the oil pressure switch to stay running once it starts. If the oil pressure switch connector is loose the pump will not keep running. It's located on the top of the block next to the distributor on the driver's side.

The Tan/white wire on terminal A is the pump relay output during startup. It goes to the fuel pump fuse (10A) on the fuse block. Then to the fuel pump.
It is also tied to the oil pressure switch, so that when the pressure comes up the switch provides the voltage for the pump to run.

Check here for complete system wiring diagrams.

http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/twinnie/system.html

Check the fuse for continuity and voltage. If you get voltage at the fuse block with the key on, and the fuse is good, then you may need a new pump.
It's at the base of the filler tube, and can be accessed by removing the filler neck bolts.
:w

Something else to keep in mind is that without a DRP (distributor reference pulse) to the ECM the injectors won't fire. If something got boogered up to the ignition system...you'll get no fuel from the injectors.

Bill

Thanks for the replys ...............found out my body shop left my vette un covered during a 4" rain storm and the battery box fill up with water , i think the ecm got wet , waiting to see if it dries out ........may need a new one

Thanks for the replys ...............found out my body shop left my vette un covered during a 4" rain storm and the battery box fill up with water , i think the ecm got wet , waiting to see if it dries out ........may need a new one
It's easy to take out.
Pulling the end caps off and sliding the boards out will speed the process up.
But... with the power on and filled with water, it's probably toast.

Any suggestions on where and what to get to replace the stock or upgrade

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom