Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'82 Hood Louvre Switch

Ludigdrums

Corvette
1981 White Coupe
I have an '81 with an '82 hood on it. It has this louvre in the front that is supposed to be for the crossfire setup, when you give it full throttle, it opens up, directing air to the air cleaner setup.

Anyhow, I have Carb setup, but the wiring for the louvre switch is in place. I was wondering if I connect it to the ignition if that would be a bad thing. This way, whenever I start the car, it will keep the louvre open until I shut the car off. I just wasn't sure if this switch would be damaged from being open a long period of time...considering that it was only to open on full throttle.

Thanks!

- Jeremy

If you don't have the cross fire air cleaner setup, it won't get you anything other than air flow over the intake manifold. Take the flapper door off if you want more air flow.

I have the K&N Air Cleaner Top so it would work pretty well I think. Also, I think the solonoid does work, just wondering if keeping it engaged for a long period of time will make it burn out.

Thanks!

- Jeremy

It's going to get really hot if it's engaged all of the time.

It probably will not last too long if in service continually.
The only time it is valuable is when the throttle is wide open.
That's the original design intent, at least. You could hook up a switch on your throttle like they use for NOS systems for open throttle use only.

why don't you put the proper switch on the gas pedal so it will work as intended??the bracket is probaly there already,it's the switch for the 400 turbo tranny.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom