Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 vette EGR system ???

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
can anyone with a 82 tell me which vacuum lines run the egr valve I cant remember how mine went ... of the back of the throttle body on passenger side it should go to the egr solenoid then another vacuum line goes from the solenoid to the egr valve itself need help figuring which vacuum line goes to what port on the solenoid .... also how does the solenoid operate I have power to one of the wires the other I assume is a ground which both of them originate from the ecm when its plugged in I get no egr vacuum but when I unplug it I get egr vacuum, while motor is idling and I reach under and open the egr valve motor dies so I'm sure none of my ports are plugged for the system right

any help in getting my egr system operating correctly would be greatly appreciated need to get through NAZIfornia's smog test

The solenoid is hooked to the inner port on the TB. in fact it doesn;t really matter if you use the inner or outer port. Those are engine vac, the middle one on both TB's is for balancing the Tb's and is conencted to a slit in the bore (on the rear, in the middle visible when you open the throttle) and has a lower vac signal.

Then the solenoid is hooked to the EGR. the solenoid should have both vac line secured to it (non removable) the outer is the one that goes to the EGR, The other one goes to the TB and is removeable (black line w/ rubber grommet)

The solenoid is activated by the ECM but not constantly. IT uses a pulsewidth signal, the longer the pulswidth th higher the vac supplied to the EGR, the further it opens. It ONLY works in closed loop.

Do NOT push the EGR valve open w/ the motor running! YOu'll dump loads of exhaust in the intake wich (because of inert gas) creates a very lean condition!

Here's a pic of my old engine w/ the solenoid:

enginecompartment3.jpg

[EDIT!]

I got some more info off my site: http://www.crossfire.webhop.net

vac.gif

egrvalveandtb.jpg

egrcontrol.gif

egrsolenoid.jpg

egrsolenoiddrwng.gif

This should enable you to figure it out ;)

Marck

thanks alot twinnie thats exactely what I needed thanks for the pict's of the system to

No problem man, I know what a PITA it can be to find some solid stuff on crossfires. This is part of a large colection of stuff I scraped together in the years!

You can find about everything on crossfires on the above mentioned site!

Marck

twinnie

do you by chance still have any of the cross-fire parts left over from your conversion, especially the ecm harness

Wich part do you need?? The complete harness???

Marck

twinnie

yes I need the ecm harness I believe it has a connector that is under a black plastic cover to the right side of the engine compartment need it from that connector to all the sensors also could use the starter harness

AHH!! You need the engine harness! Okay, I have that one. It has several connectors under the black cover, I think there are 4 of them.

My starter harness isn't for sale, I need it for my own car. It's no different from the 80 & 81 harness and proibably the same as earlier ones too!

If your fusible links are burnt through you can replace ém w/ good thick wires and use a fuse. The white round clamps betwewen the fus. link & the rest of the harnes have amperage numbers stamped on them!

I'll have too look uop the harnes.. remember I live in the Neteherlands!

email me to discuss price!

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom