Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 Corvette Window motors

Racer86y

Corvette
84 2 tone silver
Does anyone know where a link is to help get motor in and out of door.I took panel off and ?:ugh

I cant detail how...because its been awhile but I can tell you that its just layers of parts. Remove whats on the outside, bolted to the inner frame, remove all the things that are attached to that and then go after the inner frame. Seems like there were 2 parts to that...
Once the inner frame assy is out, the access to the regulator and motor gets easier to see and understand.

Just make notes or take pics. Its not that bad but it can be very confusing without some reference to go by for reassembly. Layers of parts...thats all.

Window motor

Thanks for info.I was looking at it and thought wow.I gotta take all that off to do the motor.I guess i will get the digital camera out and start:eyerole

Yiou must remove the speaker, too.

I had to rebuild the window mechanism in the right door of my '84 and getting the thing out of the door after it was unbolted was the hardest part. I ended up removing the speaker so I could swing the bottom trackway upwards at the front, lift the edge of the back over the bottom of the hole in the inner panel, then swing that part downward outside of the door until the two upper mounting bolts cleared the upper edge. Of course, that's after the glass is off and everything else is unbolted and removed, including guides, stops and wiring. And don't make the same mistake I did ... replace the motor AND the nylon track ribbon. My new window motor had enough power to snap the old ribbon after just a few runs up and down, so I had to do it all over again after waiting a week for the new ribbon to arrive.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom