Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 Digital Dash Converted

i would love to know what you did please let me know,i have a 85 and my dash is out now

Please add me to the list for instructions on how to replace the digital dash with an analoque one from a Camaro.

Thanks,

Bill

imca421 and Dawn,

You're most welcome. It sounds like an interesting project for the winter (assuming you need to hibernate the car as I do). His site is a great source of info for C4's. (http://batee.com/corvette/index.shtml)

Alot of detailed info on various projects.

Good luck if you decide to dive in.

I have heard alot about people putting 4th gen camaro clusters in third gen camaros.... if a thridgen cluster works maybe a 4th gen cluster (165 speedo) will too...

Is it to late to request the information and any pictures you might have

if you've got this summarized it would be a good how-to tip to put on the website

Sure , I am interested

snitcher said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have changed over my ugly burnt out digital dash, and converted it over to a "GREAT LOOKING" guage package from a 1990 Z28 Camaro..... And the guages worked! Took a little time to figure out the wiring but it was done..... Tack, Oil guage, Gas guage, blinkers, hi-dimm, dash lights and the volt guage is what i have working for now...Haven't had time to do the speedometer and temp guage yet.... All it cost me was $50.00 for the guage package from a local junk yard and a couple of other things to make everything look great.........If you are a C4 owner and would like to know how to change over to the guage package...Leave a post or email me and I will post how I did this for less than $100...... This is a whole lot better than spending that crazy amount to have yours fixed for 300.00 to 500.00 and it might not last after that.......... I'm just a guy that wants a nice looking vette "the way I want it" with time in the car and not a whole lot of money...... I paid 3200.00 for the car and have a total of around 3500.00 in it now............

Thanks in advance !

Yeap...Yeap....That is fantastic for that kind of money ! My dash as to be repair. It is burn at three places, but I just cannot convince myself to have it fix. That would cost me with the shipping close to $800.00 Canadian.

I thought a few times of doing this, but I was scared to do it. Now that someone has done it give me confidence.

Here is my email

renlafla@distributel.net

Thanks again

René

Me too!

Wow, would I love to see this. My dash has been hit by gremlins (which of them haven't) and I like analog dashes better anyways!

lifeguard_bss said:
Wow, would I love to see this. My dash has been hit by gremlins (which of them haven't) and I like analog dashes better anyways!

Mine hasn't, it's been working flawlessly for years. I'm probably the only one here who loves the digital dash, it's one of the neat things about the early c4.

when i got my 86 vette one thing we dickerd over was the dash not working right. i forget what it was doing at the time, but just before i was ready for my state inspection it just went all black all the time. i found a old guy i think in ILL who fix mine for $180, and when the work they do look good. but one great thing about this site different minds come up with great ideas! now i like the earlier post of the guy that used really good race gauges now thats sweet nd i wish how GM did it! but it was the 80's!!!!

Can anyone post some pics of the Camaro gauges ??

Not that I want to replace but just out of curiousity

i would think you could find a few z28 dashes in a good junkyard.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom