Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 Replacement Distributor Compatability

Zenroth

Corvette
1984 Crossfire
So I've ran into a bit of a problem. Car wouldn't start the other morning after having been driven all night happily. No injector pulse, no spark. Did some checking, figured the ignition module may well have died, and went to swap it out. Open up the distributor, and basically every plastic connector in that thing, just broke when I touched them, super brittle.

So I arrived at the conclusion of, I should just swap out the distributor, and take care of the pickup coil and ignition module in the process. Anyways problem is, my distributor part number is 1103603, which it seems no local part stores have, nor can even get.

I can grab one from RockAuto, so its not totally out of the question, but it seems everyone is trying to hand me an after market accel which looks correct, yet it has vacuum advance as well. E.G http://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...-Tn0La-YymtDRQHNdj7eeiI4XEyiKQFtBvKsZxV_D_BwE

Does this actually work? I mean the stock one certainly doesn't have vacuum advance, yet every parts store is throwing it up as an option, and has them in stock..

Cheers

Do not install a distributor with vacuum advance diaphragm into an 84.

With that car's ignition, spark advance is controlled by the ECM not any mechanical devices.

If you're going to replace the distributor, replace it with the correct part.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom