Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

85 383 Stroker picture

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I was digging through some old photos, when I came across a picture of my old 85. Thought some of you would get a kick out of this. In 1994 I changed over the body panels and bought those HIGH dollar Azev Type A rims. I also got the lowering kit from Mid America. As you can see from the photo, this thing was a ground pounder. We just called it the "Faker", because at a glance and at the time it looked like a modified new vette, but when you saw the interior you knew it as not as new as it looked.

After I put the 383 stroker in the car, it would cut on average with street tires a 1.8 60 foot at the Gainesville Speedway. With massive amounts of torque it would shove you in the seat like a big block, but by the end of the track it was out of breath. Great street fighter. It would run the 1/4 in 13 flat in total street trim at around 105 mph. That does not sound very impressive, however, it was the sub 7 second 1/8 mile that would blow your mind.

I friend of mine bought the car. I swaped these freaky rims onto my 86 convertible. My friend put ZR1 five star rims on the car. He had to put adapters in the front, but the rear fit right on and look like Godzilla.

View

This car would not do speed bumps. The headers kept getting beat up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom