Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

85 Engine restoration question please help!

forkliftman79

Corvette
1991 bright red coupe
Hello,
I was hoping someone could give me an idea with a couple of engine restoration questions? First whats the best was to get off the drivers side valve cover, it seems to be getting jammed against the altenator bracket and the windshield wiper motor in the rear. Next, does the intake plenum and runners get painted the same as the valve covers, with the valve cover paint. If so how should I go about removing it from the car, mine has spotting on it, so I want to get it restored looking. Any help would be great thanks!;shrug

remove the wiper motor, then slide the cover back, and lift at the same time- then remove.
The plenum and runners are bare aluminum- you can paint them w v.c. paint, or just hose it down w water, spray w/ greased lighting, and hose off.

When I had my plenum and runners off, I used "Aluminum Jelly" to bring them back to life. It removed the tarnish and the spots. You just brush it on and work it in with some stiff bristles and let it sit for a short time and rinse off with water. You might have to do it a few times, but it will work if they are as bad as you say. I need to paint my valve covers because they are beyond help.
The weather here is finally clearing up so we might be able to "cruise" soon.
GOOD LUCK
Boss Hogg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom